Friday, November 09, 2007

Gravy-infused burgers for everyone!

Yay! I'm home on a Friday night before 10:40 - thank goodness Jon decided to go with Sam and Ivan for bubble tea at either Bubble World or Bubble Boy. Dragon Ball is CLOSED from Nov. 6 to Nov. 29! Eric picked me up, and we talked about his antenna / the Colorado hockey game / Brad Isbister's acquisition in the off-season / gas prices. It was 106.9 at one place, yet was 103.9 almost everywhere else. Hmm! As usual, we bemoaned the traffic making us later than we should have been. Says he was sick on Tuesday, but couldn't really rest all week! He might not have gone to Fellowship were it not for the fact that he had to do stuff for the AGM. (if our meeting had been on Tuesday, he'd have skipped it no matter what was happening!)

Got to church and talked to Mark (who was giving people the last slice of Uncle Fatih's pizza - NOT "Uncle Faith's!" :P), Nathan (restringing his guitar), Steph, Grace (who really wants me to hang out at her place), Raymond (who STILL can't find Terry), Randal (it's FUN to throw stuff at him on Facebook!), Emily, Chrystal, Mike, Ivan (our pizza's NOT FOR YOU!), Danielle, Vanessa ("the face of the fellowship!"), Christon, and others. Vivian and Karen were back from their Mexican cruise - apparently, the washroom situation left a lot to be desired, and there were fire trucks at the airport! Oh my. The AGM went all right, with eight Panago pizzas being consumed along with candy and fruit. Jeremy said that they should have a mega-pizza with both meat lovers and veggie lovers stuff on it - "the veggie lovers has no meat, and the meat lovers has no veggies! what's up with THAT?!" Then Randal said something about infusing a hamburger patty with gravy much like how they get the caramel into the Caramilk bars... very interesting and amusing food ideas, haha! Discussed cilantro being quite good, pizza dips, budgets, group activities involving everyone (bowling, I'd go to - ski trips, NO!), mentoring, Robert's Rules of Order, motions, objectives, grapes, hot water, etc. Andrea said I was quite matchy - yeah, the brown hat complemented my brown-and-white sweater, all right!

Frances told Steph about flying while pregnant, her trip, Elaine, and remembering my previous Committee duties. Yeah, those were interesting times - at least Lily lives in Richmond so she could drive me home most of the time after meetings! With me, Eric, and Pastor John living in Richmond, there's NO EXCUSE for Dylan not to come over here for meetings - HAHAHAHA! Talked to some more people (Lesley running / Steph training / Jeremy's bad week at work!), while looking for Jon. He eventually went with the other Richmond car so the three of us could get home earlier. At some point, Vanessa and Steph were mourning the absence of 24: first, the San Diego wildfires postpone production; then, the writers' strike puts everything on hold including LOST! (as Nathan pointed out after checking the hockey score on his laptop) We cheered a 2-1 overtime win in which Henrik Sedin scored both goals, but it was all a blur after THAT news! The girls were scaring someone whom I assumed to be a newcomer to Resonate, so I told Steph to apologize - she did. (I could see this girl drawing back into herself and probably wishing she were in the library!)

Talked about the nursery plans tomorrow to sanitize the toys, the Kebab and Curry restaurant (no K!), Korey, Grandma's old-cultural ways around presents and love / affection, getting gas, emails, rain, and more. I'll stay out with my siblings before Vanessa's dinner on Sunday, and Eric said that I was helping Anita by cleaning the baby toys even if I couldn't make it to her shower! Made plans with Eric to call me before he left, although my sister said she'd call at 9 - yay for using my phone as an alarm! Nobody else had better call, or I'll KILL THEM! (no, not literally) That reminds me: we also discussed Good Friday and the 20 death threats, haha. Must sleep now to ensure I get enough - it takes me a while to fall asleep these days!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home