Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Booty Logo has made an appearance on Facebook!

Hey, I got a Christmas card and stickers from Sheryll! (sheryll) Way cool! That reminds me, I have to write a pile of cards to be sent out - maybe after I post this entry. *aiya*

Talked to Farrah, Corey, and Talia yesterday about LJ logging me out, icons, Jeremy's "and yo!" red T-shirt, smiling when I thought of the snow around Jeremy's place AND about his just taking chips out of my Doritos bag at the Ministry Fair (I didn't mind at all since that's a comfortable kind of friendly love!), English grammar / pronunciation, and clouds looking like the Death Star outside a window. At least it's the moon's reflective surface, and not anything really sinister! When Jon called to say that he'd just left the house, I misheard "I just left" as "Are you dressed?" YIKES! (he'd HOPE that I was dressed, haha) Jon picked me up before 5:40, and we proceeded to amuse ourselves by asking Grandma if she liked his drumming on the steering wheel and dancing around. We tried convincing her that it was fun to play around, but she definitely would prefer that he do it at home instead of in the car even while at a stoplight! Jon derived great satisfaction from legally being in the HOV lane (I don't think we'd do it illegally), and bypassing all the suckers in a long lineup waiting in traffic to get onto the bridge! We listened to a bit of the Minnesota hockey game (Vancouver eventually won 4-2, and Markus Naslund had a HAT TRICK!), and discussed what he'd done today: Mom got him to pay for lunch while Dad was at a funeral (for some CSC guy who got run over by a car), and he went to a chocolate place because he wants to buy some for Harmony.

At Crave, Grandma didn't like the fact that Jon parked on a side street since it was pretty dark. Well, there was no room in front of the restaurant! We made the mistake of almost passing Sun Sui Wah (Chinese seafood place), so she thought that we were going THERE for dinner... nope! She was also less than impressed with the fact that a table which was seated after us got their water and drinks when we hadn't had any yet - that was entirely due to Jon being polite and telling the waiter that we'd wait for the rest of our party to arrive. (we were seated in a former garage which was converted to a heated patio when the owners realized how popular the restaurant was) It took our parents an hour to get to the restaurant because of all the traffic! We had rigatoni, Okanagan Springs Pale Ale, crab cakes, salad, poutine with foie gras mayonnaise, organic beef burgers, and more. Jon was joking about getting a New York steak with truffle fries, but didn't. Discussed Harmony's Caribbean cruise, Jason adding me to Facebook (I just added Dallas and Jessica Leung!), Steph yelling descriptions of the Booty Logo across the room in typical family fashion when Jon was on the phone with Harmony (he doesn't know how THAT conversation got started!), Jeremy at prayer meeting, the Sunday birthday dinner (it'll be weird if Steph's not there), the Leadership Retreat on Saturday, the Awana Leader Dinner on Saturday night, Steph's Stateside trip (must inform Eric of Steph's absence tomorrow), Dylan, Karen, being tired, girlfriend murdering people, hockey, and other things. I just posted the Booty Logo to Harmony's wall - whoops. ;)

Got home and found that Karen had called me twice in the span of a few minutes - I'll call her back tonight! I also had an interesting conversation with K's friend Cory when K had gone walkabout. It's been quite some time since I talked to other people taking over my friends' IM accounts! Ah, capital letters and coherency are a definite plus! It was enjoyable, and I hope to do that again. He seems like an interesting guy and of course doesn't want to see K hurt - I can understand that. Someone also thinks that I have twisted pineapple fantasies, hahaha. Very weird conversations with that guy, but ultimately worth it because of laughter and such. Having people around who make you feel good about yourself is excellent, indeed. :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home