Sunday, September 02, 2007

I was a wild girl, apparently...

Best stand-alone picture, even if it's from 2005.

When Jon picked me up today, I amused myself by asking Grandma whether she liked the music Jon was listening to. Usually, she'll say something like it's terrible, but she seemed not to care today - what a change, haha. Got to church and talked very briefly to Eric, then said hi to Priscilla squishing her sister Hannah. I remember when my sibs and I did free-for-alls and squished each other in the car very regularly, haha. Sat in my usual spot, making sure that Jeremy had enough room when he eventually arrived. Talked to Randal in the meantime about his mom and what we did yesterday. Jeremy and I had a pretty good conversation about Ray, olive oil-jasmine soap, expense, going out to eat at 2 AM because Jon wanted to, sleeping before Jon picked Ray up on Friday, and other stuff. Good times, especially when we shared amusement during the sermon by Pastor John. When we tried finding the Biblical book Esther in his Bible, we overshot it and then undershot it - we eventually had to look in the Table of Contents, haha. (I could have shared with Randal, but my stuff was closer to Jer's, and it was more convenient!) Christon had problems galore, Megan seemed amused by stuff, and Benjamin wanted to draw stuff all over various papers! Said hi to Margaret, Chalaine, Mike T., and others as well... it was Michelle, Ryan, and Ethan's first time in the English service. (the kids go to Richmond Christian School, heh)

Afterwards, I talked to Tony - he's pretty excited that he can actually have a life now even with his full-time security job... NO MORE WAL-MART! He was telling everyone about it: me, Mike K., Stanley, Sam, Nathan, Jeremy, the guys, Steph, etc. Jeremy told him that he knew a guy who had two FULL-TIME jobs, so I asked how he managed: getting two hours of sleep or less every day is gonna KILL you after a while! Tony asked how many part-time jobs a person could realistically sustain without burning out; I knew people who had three, and that was pushing it for them with school and everything else! His neighbor and friend who got him into this gig is also his supervisor, and sets a very good example by being late for the job: "Hey, we're late! The supervisor is going to KILL us!" "Oh, don't worry - I *am* the supervisor!" "... Great." Haha.

Too bad he likely can't make it to my birthday thing if I schedule it for after the first day of Awana, but Jeremy can if I make it late enough after his work - maybe the renovated Boston Pizza at 7:30 since I haven't been there since it's undergone changes. Steph says that Jon has Floodlight, but maybe he can make it if we do something else later. (must reserve in advance, I guess - I'd pick the actual day, but I dunno about Monday even if Tuesday worked okay last year!) Since this whole thing is in the skeleton planning stages, I have no idea what that'll be, if anything! (the Whip?) Eric said he doesn't know if he's doing anything for his birthday on Wednesday, and got me to try the chips from the barbecue - I don't want them, so they can go to Sunday School. He also returned Jeremy's fork and knife to him, which amused Jer so much that he made up a random song: "Fork and knife! Knife and fork! Yay! I haven't seen these for just over a week!" Alan was asking about it, and was bemused at the explanation that it was random! Jeremy looked like he was ready to eat, hahahaha. Eric bugged me about my Grizzlies hat (oh, shush), and then asked if I should go and manage the toddlers - I did that after explaining to Jeremy where the Royal Ascot Centre was. Yup, it's the old folks home near the 7-11!

This was the last week I'd see Rachel and Sean in the toddler Sunday School class, but it was cool. Frances is back teaching for a few months until she gives birth, so she / Auntie Tracy / Rachel's grandma were talking about pregnancy and such. Her husband Mel is doing fine, her sister Elaine's visiting for a week from Hawaii, and her mom is very happy with the news of a fifth grandchild! Sean was babbling, but did say THANK YOU a few times, and actually ate his green frog candy! (I gave him the insect book and rainbow stickers since I have no use for it anymore!) He let me color for him, and we had a hard time finding a black crayon since all the ones that LOOKED black were actually purple or blue! Talked to his mom Ada about driving me to / from Awana - she can do it, and we exchanged phone numbers and addresses. Thank goodness it's only Amos coming up to the toddler class, since the load of ten kids that we had a couple summers ago was INSANE! (various combos of Carrie, John, Janis, Rachel, Jed, Irene, Ian, Rosanna, Clara, Gwyneth, Evelyn, Luke, Ryan, Ethan, Wilson, etc.)

Talked to David, Cindy, Chrystal (Grade 1/2 teachers!), John (who forgot my name), and others for a bit after Sunday School - too bad I didn't see Andrew! Went outside and discussed Pho and the hockey pool with various people before actually going TO Pho. Jeremy and Tony didn't want to wait around for a table, so they left after bidding us goodbye - Tony gave me $5 for Jon, but I entrusted it to my mother instead since I might forget by the time Friday rolls around again! Hopefully, Tony gets some sleep before his security shift, and talks to the supervisor about giving him stable hours / his Saturday nights! It's insane if he has to go to church right after getting off work - his brown liquid (coffee... why was I thinking beer?) and the Holy Spirit will help him stay awake, but still!

Jonathan needs attention all the time - who knows if he'll be more mature going into Grade 10! On the way home, my mom was quirky and crazy, then was miffed when Steph and I were honest about her being crazy. Whatever... also discussed Jews, last names, Ivan, Joe, Joey, Vivian S., Nando's, parking, plans, my always wanting to be out when I was a toddler (I'd cry when we rounded the corner toward home), etc. At least I wasn't loitering near the dumpster till 12:05 like SOME people! Andrew's said hi over MSN, yay! He's chilling, and I'm finishing up this blog post! He thinks I have too many blogs, which can get irritating sometimes - different rules / passwords / coding, oh my! (no Facebook, and Xanga's not been updated since summer 2005 - three others it is!) I get to see him every week with Awana starting, so YAY! :D Apparently, I'm going to Dragon Ball (for the third time in three days, oh my... how insane!) tonight - should be interesting and sufficiently mysterious. ;)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home