Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Water torture / Jonestown / Baby cages / Mrs. Fields Original Cookies

YES! For all intents and purposes, I have left a certain drama-filled community. Sometimes I like snark, but not all the time. ;)

Seems that my Firefox dictionary decided to wipe itself for no really good reason. Stupid thing. Guess I need to back it up, or else I'll probably have this problem when I change computers! Also have rediscovered Tab Mix Plus, yay!


Today's Spurting Yet Truly Morbid Fact!

A recent case of water torture was reported by a Paraguayan prisoner, as follows:

"In the center of the room, there was an ordinary bathtub, rather large. From a hole in the wall hung a plastic pipe from which water was flowing to fill the bath... They made me sit down on the edge of the trough at its highest part, having first tied my feet with ropes and my hands behind my back...

"Suddenly, they grabbed me by the shoulders and pushed me to the bottom of the trough. I held my breath a while, making desperate efforts to get my head out of the water and take in some air. I managed to free my head, but they submerged me again. When my efforts to get out became violent, the heaviest members of the group tramped on the top part of my body. I could no longer bear the lack of air, and began to swallow water through my mouth, nose, and ears.

"My ears started to hum as the water made its way in. They seemed to be blowing up like a balloon. Then came a sharp whistling, very loud at first, which has not yet completely gone, and which I hear when there is complete silence. The more I swallowed water, the more my struggles to breathe also increased. They all pressed me down to the bottom of the trough - my head, chest, and hands...

"I must have swallowed 8 to 10 litres of water. When they took me out and laid me on the ground, one of them trod heavily on my stomach, water poured out from my mouth and nose, spurting like a jet from a hose."

Culled from: A History Of Torture

**********************************************************************

Paints quite a vivid picture, doesn't he?

*******

Wretched Recommendations!

Ashley recommends another Jonestown documentary. This one sounds quite fascinating!

Jonestown: Paradise Lost

"I recently wrote a concept paper on cults, and I used this documentary as a source. It was an amazing documentary that revolved around governmental footage and eyewitness accounts. It even discusses how an elderly woman survived the forced punch-drinking (or injections) by hiding under her bed."

*******

Morbid Link Du Jour!

It is a well-known fact that nothing is as morbid in life as having children, but it's good to know that BabyCage.Net is here to provide you with all of your infant confinement needs!

Thanks to Jennifer for the link.


Mrs. Fields Original Cookies

Categories: Cookies
Yield: 30 servings

1/2 cup Butter
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Brown sugar
1 Egg
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/4 cups Oatmeal
2 oz Plain Hershey bar
1 cup Flour
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
6 oz Chocolate chips

Put oatmeal in blender, blend till powder, set aside. Grate Hershey bar in blender or by hand, set aside. Cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar. In large bowl... mix oatmeal, flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Blend in butter and sugar mix with dry ingredients. Add chocolate chips and grated Hershey bar. Make golf ball-size cookies, and bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 6 minutes at 375 degrees.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home