Friday, April 06, 2007

Good Friday and sunny weather / Mrs. Fields Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars

Good Friday rant

Eric called at 11:25 to wake me up. Thanks to the extremely sunny weather outside (good for a run!), I was already awake. Then again, given the habits my neighbors have of taking showers from 3-5 AM (not exaggerating!), it's not like I spent a restful night anyhow. Oh well, at least I got to rant at Eric about that after he told me that I'd hung up on him at least once. That explains why there was no dial tone when I picked up the phone, haha! Says Vivian L. is coming, so I guess it'll be the four of us... or maybe three, if he can't contact Steph! We just did separately, and she's still at Vivian S.'s place. According to Steph, our mom thinks I'm a boy. =/

Yes, I changed my mind from last night... guess I am going to see BLADES OF GLORY with Eric and Steph. I still don't know why they have to be at church two and a half hours before the service actually STARTS, which is earlier than I've EVER been there on a Good Friday that I can remember! I'm not saying it's DISGUSTING, but it's still insanely early no matter which way you slice it! The whole service probably isn't going to last longer than two hours, not to mention all the lingering / loitering we'll do afterwards - MUST HAVE COFFEE AND WATER! Called someone else, who thinks it's not his type of movie - heh, I'll have to remember to bug him about that in a week, only not really. :P Wait, I just called my brother - they're all part of the prep. Guess I'll bring a book or something... at least I took a shower and made myself presentable! No wonder it's so hot (too hot to sleep?) - it's 18 degrees, and going to be 24 later on! Summer, here we come early!


Mrs. Fields Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars

Categories: Cookies
Yield: 24 servings

8 medium Butter cookies
1/4 cups Salted butter; melted

Chocolate layers:
2 1/2 cups Milk chocolate chips (15 oz)
Peanut butter filling:
1 1/2 cups Creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup Salted butter; softened
3 cups Confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons Pure vanilla extract

Crush cookies until finely ground. Add butter & mix. Press crumb mixture into bottom of 8x8 baking pan & bake 10 minutes at 325 degrees F. Cool to room temperature. Melt chocolate. Pour half into pan & smooth evenly over crust. Place pan in refrigerator. Keep remaining chocolate warm. Blend peanut butter & butter together until smooth using electric mixer. Slowly beat in confectioners' sugar & vanilla. Beat until smooth. Spread mixture over chilled chocolate layer. Pour remaining warm chocolate over top & spread smoothly. Chill in refrigerator one hour. Yields 24-36 bars.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home