Monday, April 23, 2007

Florida, imaginary scolding, and dreaming about pioneers / message boards

Another day, another weird phone call from a number I don't recognize. This one originates from Florida, and the number is 727-831-2410. Oh well, I'm used to it now. At least I forwarded something to Eric, so I'll ask him tonight whether he got it. Jon emailed a bunch of people, saying he's gotten a whole list of "maybe' responses for tonight's dinner with Dallas. Jeremy suggested going to a place with TV since the **** Canucks complicate matters needlessly - NOT Shanghai Wind - and the backup is Nathan's. I know he watches 24 too, but I'm not sure where the dinner is, haha. Maybe I'll call Jon after I finish typing up the rest of this entry... or I'll just go with the original plan! Heh, my mom's sent me an email on tonight's plans TWICE! Well, almost twice... everything's the same with the exception of the last few words. Nice, real nice.

At least I didn't get sick from consuming an energy drink like last time with the Red Bull. Must not have BEEN the drink in October 2005, then - but it still could have been a one-time incident! I can just imagine Danielle scolding us because of the effects that taurine and other chemicals have on my body: "SEE?! THIS is why you shouldn't have energy drinks, Leslie! Look at her, Citrus and Nathan! Do you want to end up suffering like that from drinking THOSE?!" Hahaha... never mind that our body compositions and reactions to foreign substances are probably very different, because reason never seems to enter into it when you scold someone for real. ;)


My dream was kinda weird last night after I finally fell asleep at like 3:50 while going to bed at 2 AM...

* flipping through a pioneer's (auto-)biography with a black-and-white photo spread in the middle: one of the photos showed her as a little chubby glasses-wearing girl with baby chicks (as opposed to girl chicks ) ... the notation underneath the photo said that looking after animals helped her to overcome her self-esteem problems and stand up to teasing by others kids at school (now THAT is an anachronism of sorts!)

* Jon and Jeremy alerting me to the fact that we had to stop a demonstration on Knight and 49th: we supported that area remaining the same with its existing buildings and local flavor, but these demonstrators wanted to introduce new buildings and tear down the blue-green KFC strip mall

* we got to the area, and found that the demonstrators supported crowding the area with buildings everywhere - no more green space except what the existing school strictly required, and the local fruit stand with plums and other refreshment would be shut down to move someplace else

* Jeremy called his (former) roommate Darryl, and he showed up with all sorts of legal briefs and injunctions... eventually, we prevailed and shipped the demonstrators to Australia, hehe

* later, we were all recounting this on a message board with a dark color scheme... Darryl had this avatar which had a crazy-looking man in it! (everyone else's were more normal, heh)

* Jeremy made a joking post about me, and included , , and in his reply (I knew the last smiley was overused at that board anyhow, and didn't mean anything in particular or stuff beyond friendship - I was perfectly fine with that!)

* the dream ended when we were all having celebratory beers and good food together... good times, haha!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home