Monday, March 12, 2007

Guinness World Records and Ripley's dream

I have just slept for 13 hours, and actually feel like sleeping some MORE... darn time change! Eric just left me a comment on Blogger about a certain hockey streak. Man, I must have been tired when I made that point in my post! It's now been corrected, of course. Have sent the email I drafted last night, and deleted a bunch of the "brain dump" stuff - phew! Hopefully, it doesn't sound like the ramblings of an insane person! (and I mean that literally)

Had a bunch of dreams, and one in particular which was kinda weird. A bunch of us from church were attending a seminar in Richmond at the Jehovah's Witnesses Kingdom Hall (complete with white paint and golden symbols. Auntie Esther and Uncle Patrick piled a bunch of us in their van afterwards and drove us all back into Vancouver, while forgetting to drive me and some Richmondites back home, even after their son Chris reminded them! On the way into Vancouver, we saw an outside track full of runners who were wearing red and blue wires to illuminate themselves. A grey column by the sporting event told us that the runners had to wear these wires so the computerized scoring could distinguish among them. There seemed to be quite a crowd, and we figured that we'd plant 5000 people in the stands first before advertising that the doors were open to the general public! We met up with our other friends at a bookstore in the middle of Granville Island, where I told Joey / Sam / Jen / others about our plight.

Jen was about to light up a cigarette in the store, but a bunch of us shoved her out the door just before she did that... no smoking indoors for YOU! When she came back in, she showed me some really nice eye-catching Hallmark cards and bookmarks with butterflies on them. Joey and Sam called my name, so I went over to where they were. Oooh, shiny new Ripley's books with a reflecting green-yellow effect! Sam said that he was going to look at books on airplanes, and directed me to the Guinness World Records section: hey, the newest one was totally black and selling for 33% off.. sweet! Talked to a bunch more people, and Jen said that Nathan could drive all the Richmond people home. I definitely wanted to buy the books and a few bookmarks / cards, but Nathan uncharacteristically said NO because we were running out of time. Then the dream ended...

Odd way to process the weekend, especially considering that I didn't really talk to those guys! Maybe it's a way of telling me that I should get those books, some bookmarks, and birthday cards... but I really don't think that would be a good idea right now, and I have plenty of cards to last me till next February sometime. As for the "we're running out of time!" thing, I really don't think that's a 24 reference. Oh well...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home