Saturday, March 10, 2007

"I can't believe it's not plastic!"

I was earlier than Eric for like the second time ever - usually, the poor guy has to wait for me due to bus schedules and complications! (no peppermint bark at Shoppers - like I was expecting it?! - but lots of Easter things!) Not that I had to wait long, though. We immediately got into a discussion of what I was wearing: yes, I did mention certain things to him this afternoon, but that doesn't mean I want certain other things to happen right away! He knows what I feel about certain subjects, and we should definitely help each other! We listened to the Team 1040 people analyze the Chris Simon hit until Eric got tired of hearing various viewpoints. He asked me whether I'd done anything cool this week: not really! Then he asked about other stuff... I don't THINK what he says is gonna happen anytime soon. When we got to church, I asked what he was going to do for dinner: he had no cash to pay me, but I told him that he was being utterly ridiculous if he thought he wasn't eating till whenever he got home later!

Went to Pho and waved hi to Hunter while saying bye to Mike, Darren, and Jason. I was busy enjoying my large #9 (having ordered a #43 for Eric) and reading when Karen / Andrea came up and asked if they were interrupting. Not really, so they sat down and promptly began discussing Karen's trip to Tokyo. SO MUCH SANRIO STUFF THERE! Lots of people in business wear and going out on the town with their co-workers too! I told them about Eric's line on Monday: Karen thought that "protecting you from biological warfare" was SO CUTE! Turns out all four of them were sick to varying degrees, so no wonder they had to reschedule. We don't watch LOST, but another show entirely! Andrea and I filled Karen in on the programs she'd missed, and she feels bad that there wasn't much David representation at Resonate to hear Jon speak for the first time ever. Nothing that can be done if people have trips / conferences, or need to take care of their kids!

When I got back to church, Eric bugged me about bringing food into the sanctuary: hey, it's not like I'm EATING it! Went downstairs just in time to catch the last few minutes of a Daniel committee meeting: good times! I'm not sure I want to go to the cookoff for varying reasons, but it could be fun? (someone tells me that he wishes all the ingredients were blocks of cheese... I'm not sure how well that would go over!) Waved to Danielle and said hi to Raymond, who took Jeremy's chair while he was upstairs and put it with our table: um, Jer was trying to start setting up the chairs and reserving a chair for his stuff while leading worship? Very strange... *shakes head* During singing, someone came in late and took what was somehow the only empty chair beside me - I didn't notice who it was till later, but that's understandable! Thank goodness I'm better now, haha. When Rich reminded us about Daylight Savings Time, Jeremy said that he'd just stay up till 2 AM and change the clock then... haha, that could work too!

Later on, Jeremy was looking the refreshments over: "DECORATION CAKE?!" I had to see what that was about, so joined him. Yep, there was one suspect-looking cake with a box that said it was a decoration cake. It didn't look like it would stand up to much cutting since it might figuratively explode if we did that. The greenish-yellow color of the cake reminded Jeremy of durian, which gave rise to "I can't believe it's not durian!" (when he tasted it, he riffed on that one: "I can't believe it's not flavorless plastic!") So then I had to tell him about what Jon said: "Jeremy and I have to bring durian and natto to the cookoff!" Oh sure, and then stink up the entire building for the entire weekend afterwards! We noted it was quite cold in the basement, and Jeremy likened it to a dungeon... then Eric wondered why I wasn't showing off my shirt. *rolleyes* Uh yeah, it's kinda COLD if you hadn't noticed! My vest kinda helped, but not really... maybe they'll turn the heat up tomorrow! (I wish!)

Chung got flowers to celebrate his upcoming wedding next Saturday: Rich said that Phil and Chung were technically at the same stage of life, only Phil's just beginning the nuptial plans! (Grace's video was cool, and she'll be here in May) We made Chung cut the cake, which led Randal to somehow joke to Jeremy and me about cutting the cheese - we don't want that, thank you! When we all squeezed in for a picture, Randal decided I needed a glass of Hannepoot White Grape Ceres juice: okay, if you say so! Then Jeremy used his fruit cup for some almond jello: hey, it's the perfect size for it! Later, I was by the food again getting a napkin since I gave mine to Eric (Ivan took his food by mistake, but didn't use the chopsticks), and Randal gave me a piece of cake. Cool stuff, but Jeremy was right: the icing DID taste like flavorless plastic! (and I suck since I should have said certain things, but didn't - sorry!) While Eric was thanking me for the dinner, I joked about the cake, and he thought that I didn't like it - not the case, but it DID leave certain things to be desired! Too bad he couldn't try some himself to see! He'd just have to trust me and Jeremy, hehe.

Bible Study was good, and Jeremy continued talking over someone else, haha. Andrea asked if my shirt said "WHATEVER" (it did), and I told her that my mom made it. She thought it was cute, and Jeremy got a laugh out of it. I told them that I didn't know what my mom was thinking, to which Eric said that I knew it very well in fact! Yeah, but I wasn't telling certain people at the table! (I told Jeremy that I'd tell him later, and did: "Apparently, I say this word a lot..." I know he likes the "DRAGON / SNAKE!" shirt, but it's too cold to wear THAT on its own!) Jeremy made a Clash reference in the discussion, so of course I have to listen to that song now! (SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO?) I got it, and laughed. (maybe he was trying to get me to laugh, haha) Afterwards, a bunch of us went to the bathroom at the same time while leaving Dylan and Andrea alone to talk about stuff.

The Richmond Crew nixed Jon's suggestion of Dragon Ball since some of us had had dessert already, and Steph had bubble tea after lunch today too. Christon asked if Jeremy wanted the rest of his San Pellegrino water: you guys share WATER now?! Thankfully, that's not the case! Said hi to Sheena, Connie, Frances, and Phil: he and Grace are aiming for a July 2008 wedding, which seems doable! Vania asked if I'd seen Vivian tonight: nope! Steph asked Eric if Sam could have a ride home: sure, but the car only has four seatbelts. Joyce had some spicy chips, but didn't like the fact that there seemed to be pudding in the chip bowl... I don't blame her! Alan was bugging Quan for taking our food when she wasn't a part of our Fellowship, then I asked her about the peppermint bark. She'd had one large piece, and seemed amazed that it was so huge. Hey, that's why they tell you to break it up on the box! Guess Chrystal will have to do with one huge piece of the stuff, sigh! Stupid sickness and other things that prevented me from going out to buy it these two weeks in a row! *grumble*

Stanley eventually convinced us to leave while people were discussing hockey before he had to kick us out. Sam said that he was in Joey's math class earlier today since he had to go with him to church early for committee meeting, and he was looking at Pavel Bure stuff on Youtube. Something made him exclaim in joy / surprise, and then EVERYONE was looking at him! We joked about it: "OH! MAN! That is one interesting exciting math class, haha!" Then he looked up some Canucks fan on Youtube who had walked from Whistler to GM Place... Steph had seen half of that clip before her Internet connection died and she forgot about the rest. (that connection is SO HORRID!)

Everyone had a bunch of stuff with them, so piling things in Eric's trunk was a challenge: "Get the guitars in first, both facing the same way! I'll just lap my bag! I can't do that, so it goes in the trunk if there's room! Man, it's like we're going on a camping / mini road trip... TO RICHMOND!" Then we spent forever trying to figure out whether we'd won the hockey game or not: we had, 2-1 against San Jose in overtime. Eric turned it off since he didn't want to listen to Jeff Patterson's weird inflection anymore: good choice! Jon was trying to have a quiet conversation with (I assume) Harmony while everyone else discussed hockey / pools / goalies, but that didn't work too well. We were invited to the Canucks' next pay per view game at Eric's on Sunday against the Anaheim Mighty Ducks at 5: cool stuff, for sure! (let's get over losing one hour of sleep first, eh?) Now, to sleep and see the Cubbies and other kids tomorrow!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home