Saturday, March 10, 2007

No ride... again! / Changing / Church's chicken / Blogthings

Henry called me when I was still sleeping and having weird dreams which involved Jeremy and a bunch of my other friends, so I called him back when I was awake. He was going for blood donation in Vancouver, so wouldn't be going back into Richmond. At that point, I was fairly sure I could arrange my own ride there if he was going to be late to Awana. Called Michelle, who couldn't even drive her own two kids to Awana - her brother would - since she had a meeting at Lesley's place. (probably to do with the new church building) I thought I should let Melia know, but her mom said that she was at Chrystal and Emily's. Yep, I knew the number... Auntie Kathy seemed surprised when I asked for her niece, haha. Explained things to Melia ("I am not a stalker since your mom told me you were over here!"), and we joked around about the new Awana recruitment strategy for next year: "IF YOU ARE FROM RICHMOND, EVEN CENTRAL OR THE BOONIES, YOU MUST JOIN IF YOU'RE GOOD WITH KIDS!" I'm going to be all over that for sure, heh. No Awana next Saturday, and she told me not to worry about it while thanking me for letting her know - of course I would!

Checked blogs, too: Spoz has the typical weekender thing going, with a new weapon for the Adelaide live music scene... a Sony 3-megapixel camera, and he won't divulge any details about how he got it since we won't believe him. Fine, be that way! It's a "her," and its name is Frisbee... interesting, haha. Dawn just wants to get home from work, change into comfortable clothes, and relax. She wonders whether drowning in emails is more preferable to just being bored and pretending to be busy... I figure a case could be made for either! Vivian is or was sick and has had practicum, teaching, and lesson plans interfering with her quest to sleep / get better. Man, that sucks!

Alyssa explains the origins of her online name "Lethia," says something about her girly side, and mentions that she needs to clean up her wardrobe. That girly side will get you every time you're in practical clothes... she also has something called Monday Madness, which appears to consist of five questions from five different people. Cool stuff, which is kinda like the Friday Five, but not. As for Randal's blog, there are pieces on what God may have in store for women / Corrie ten Boom and her sister Betsie. Heh, I remember reading that story a long time ago. Certainly has some relevance for us now - especially the lesson in forgiveness that came years later. Then there's the Church's fried chicken post which is funnier than it should be, for some reason. (no, it's not what you're thinking! :P)

There are other posts on Bible Study, critical thoughts on Christian brothers (hey, if you gotta rant, you gotta rant... even on the church's 32nd anniversary!), and that post which quotes something from the Bathroom Reader calendar. Yes, yes... we all know I gave that item to him, but that means nothing. It's just source material, haha. Oh, look.. here's ANOTHER post that mentions Church's fried chicken! If he likes it THAT much, I'm sure a group of us can get together and drag him to the local outlet for his birthday! Well, no... that probably isn't a good birthday dinner... maybe lunch, heh. No, I do not have any such plans for him or anyone else! (and I don't think I should, either!) I guess Randal's been in a posting mood this past week, since there's one last post on Korean people and their "wonderful" sense of humor. Heh, all I need to say is DON'T CHECK MY BLOG ONLY ONCE A WEEK! (if you do, you run into trouble!)

Oh well, I guess it's not TOO bad that I have yet ANOTHER unexpected week off. Maybe I'll finish the things that are distracting me from other projects. At this rate, I don't think I'll be done by the end of the year. What a loose goal I set for myself, aye? As long as I'm not too behind on things in the long run, I'll be fine. Maybe I'll even switch things up tomorrow, who knows? Let's just say reassurance and laughter is found in the familiar, but new things are cool too. Must switch clocks sometime before I go to bed - I don't think the really little kids will be too talkative tomorrow! I remember last year when I wanted to say hi to Rick's baby brother Amos: he was CRANKY because of the lost hour! Guess we'll see how it affects the toddlers, but it's not like I did a field study on that last year or anything!


You Mostly Fight Fairly

When you fight, you tend to remember your end goal of resolving conflict.
However, you can get a little too wrapped up in your own feelings.
Remember that there are two sides to every argument.
And even if you think you're totally right, you should take more time to hear your partner out.



You Are 51% Burned Out

You're fairly burned out, and it shows.
You probably have been feeling a little rundown and irritable lately.
If you can, drop a few of your minor responsibilities and focus on what's really important.
You have too much on your plate, and it's catching up with you.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home