Saturday, March 31, 2007

Catching up with the bomb technician / Mrs. Fields Marbles

You know I don't really feel gung-ho about a Fellowship night when I start writing about it at 3 AM, hours after I get home. Usually, I'm all like OMG MUST POST NOW BEFORE I FORGET! (I did write up something in my offline journal, though!) Met Eric's old friend Josh - I remember him from Eric's birthday parties and such in his old house! Eric commented that I was quiet... well, do you WANT me to go all crazy / yell at you when there's someone in the car that I hardly know?! :P Well, at least I had my book to read while they discussed the past, church, Jon, and other stuff! I had time to think about feeling irrational - you know that's a sign of something else a-coming. :P

Karen and Ivan were going to come, but had a situation that involved a stolen wallet and other articles - SO HORRIBLE, PEOPLE! I had to tell various people (Vivian, Mike, etc.) that my bread was FINE even though it had ice crystals and had an expiry date in March. I laughed at Cordia's shirt, which Quan had given her: "I am a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up" - it suits her, haha! Lesley wasn't feeling well - had her head in her hands since she felt light-headed and such. Alan, Eunice, Citrus, and Mike were on my team: we got an additional ingredient of duck feet because our ingredients were judged the easiest to work with. EVERYONE later said that we had breakfast as a theme: not much else you can do with eggs, salmon, turkey, bread, veggies, various sauces, and an orange! Eric's table had SALTY beef, which actually was a lot like beef jerky - I didn't mind the bite I took, but it might have been a different story had I taken the leftovers home! Jon decided to bounce off the walls (literally) and chest-slap people - yes, this is one of our future pastors... o_O

Jeremy's table came up with creative artistic things, but nobody wanted to try the Starfruit Surprise after seeing Mike and Citrus try it! (Sauerkraut and salmon?! EWWWW! I noticed nobody demurred when Randal decided to take it home, haha.) Certain food items had too much batter / cornmeal, but we only had an hour and ten minutes to put something together! Discussed various things with Jeremy, too - he definitely cheered me up! Confirmed with Randal that he was still going to the finale dinner: WOOHOO! Too bad Steph won't see a repeat performance of the one that endeared him to her last year, haha. (flipping over four creamers at once!) Talked to Dawn about her boyfriend Eni, and figured that we didn't want to try a lot of the food even if we didn't have anything (or much) to do tomorrow: who wants to spend their day off making continual bathroom runs?! Got to see the kitchen as a zoo with 20+ people in the small room all trying to make food / wash dishes / cook food on the stove - our team moved into the kitchen early on, haha.

We saw Citrus and Cordia playfighting afterwards, and people wondered what was up with those siblings! I scored some organic pasta and some sockeye salmon, along with some pickled cabbage - preserved vegetables are pretty good, in my opinion. Eric said that he'd seen Joe Wu mentioned in the newspaper recently for some origami stuff, and asked why he didn't go to our church anymore. I had to remind him about all the stuff that had happened in late 2003-early 2004 around Pastor Glen's resignation - Eric had been REALLY sick just before it came to a head, and so was most surprised to get my email about it right after that fateful meeting! Dianne and Jon commiserated with each other about feeling old because they were tired at 10 or slightly later - Jeremy felt that way too, so he biked home earlier than usual. (I shouldn't be ditzy and ask how long it takes him to bike to the Richmond warehouse office when he's just TOLD me - UGH! Apparently, the Knight Street Bridge is an interesting commute: at least he can get up later for a 10 AM start!)

A bunch of people went to Bubble World later, but the Richmond Crew went straight home. Talked about basketball, football, hockey, mayhem, Oasis (bubble tea place), Dragon Ball, Pearl Castle, Jack's Loft (defunct bubble tea place), some other defunct bubble tea place, Super Nintendo, Nintendo DS Lite, PSP, Playstation 2 / 3, Nintendo Wii, and other subjects. Who knew there was a COOKING MAMA game for the Wii?! Steph and Vivian S. are going to Thursday's game and bring some old bras for the Brabarian Jeff Cowan, haha. There was this time where someone didn't know what to do with a bra that was dropped on the ice, so it went into the penalty box! (haha!) Apparently, GM Place security has been confiscating bras from men too! Must be good times - now, I need to sleep or else I may not make it tomorrow, either... and we all know "major sleeping in" would NOT be an acceptable excuse for missing Awana. ;)


Mrs. Fields Marbles

Categories: Cookies
Yield: 30 servings

2 cups All purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Light brown sugar
1/2 cup White sugar
1/2 cup Salted butter; softened
Egg
1/2 cup Sour cream
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup Chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 300°F. In medium bowl... combine flour, baking powder, and salt with wire whisk. Set aside. Combine sugars in a large bowl using an electric mixer set at med speed. Add butter and beat until batter is grainy. Add egg, sour cream, and vanilla. Beat at med speed until light and fluffy. Scrape bowl. Add flour mixture and blend at low speed until just combined. Do not overmix. Place chocolate chips in double boiler over hot but not boiling water. Stir constantly until melted. OR microwave, stirring every 20 sec until melted. Cool chocolate for a few minutes and pour over cookie batter. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, lightly fold melted chocolate into the dough. Do not mix chocolate completely into cookie dough. Drop by rounded tablespoons, 2" apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 23-25 minutes. Do not brown. Quickly transfer cookies to a cool surface.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home