Sunday, February 04, 2007

24, blogging, and sickness

In 24, he better be watching the last of 24! So amused by that line, I am. :D

Called my usual people to remind them of various things, and they thanked me for it. Too bad someone is sick, though! He sounded like that on the phone while we were talking about blogging on Friendster and such, so he should get some rest! (although if he thinks that Wales soccer fan is gross, he should see the post right before this one!) My mom decided to talk about various things for half an hour before I called one particular friend of mine, otherwise I'd have probably talked a bit longer to him. (no, we did not bring the tapes to church today!) Talked about the earthquake threat and getting under a table / calling her if that happens, Korean beef soup, TV shows like CRIMINAL MINDS and ER, certain people at church, the age gap between various couples, and other such stuff. Guess we'll see what happens with the earthquake threat and other things!


Mom also thinks that Dylan and Lesley Chung would be a good match. o_O (believe me, that is NOT true... especially if all she's basing it on is their age difference!)

Snippet of conversation:

Mom: So who was there last night?
Me: Christon, me, Lesley, Eric, Jon, Jeremy, and Dylan.
Mom: But Jeremy wasn't there!
Me: (thinking, "I know better than you!") ... Yes, he was...
Mom: But Jon told me that he went to Kelowna!
Me: That was at 6:30 this morning, Mom. *very patient*
Mom: Oh... so did Jon bring the beer to Phil's, and the durian that Dallas gave him? He must have.
Me: Yes, he probably did!
Mom: So where does Lesley live? Does she live with her parents?
Me: .... her parents are dead, Mom...
Mom: ... oh. Have you met Dawn's boyfriend yet?
Me: Yes, he was at the Fellowship Christmas potluck.
Mom: But Steph didn't tell me that, and she tells me EVERYTHING!
Me: (thinking, "Obviously she doesn't!") Okay.
Mom: You know, Steph and Dawn aren't really that good friends. I just gave Auntie Betty [Dawn's mom] rides everywhere since she lived nearby. Sometimes people have falling-out in friendships.
Me: (thinking, "I can't say whether they're good friends anymore or not, but they get along and such just fine!") Sure, Mom... *changes topic*

Too hilarious! Her thinking that Dylan and Lesley would make a good match presumably based on age difference, her thinking that Steph and Dawn weren't such good friends in the first place / had a huge falling-out, and her thinking that Steph tells her EVERYTHING! I will say that her thinking that Lesley's parents are still alive is more sad than hilarious because I thought she'd KNOW that by now with years gone by since her mom died! (and her dad died years before that)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home