Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Stress illness, morbid facts, McDonald's Lobster Sandwich

I hate stress illness. Spent a LOT of time in bed today as a result, and got a "hi" message from Eric H. on MSN when I finally got up. Haven't had it since Boxing Day, but I think I know what caused it this time. MY PERSONAL LIFE IS NOT YOUR WEEKLY SERIAL SOAP OPERA, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

I think I'll go back to bed now... I've got my stock of Chinese medicine and water!


Today's Matricidal Yet Truly Morbid Fact!

After actress Susan Cabot's final star turn in The Wasp Woman, she left the screen to concentrate on singing and stage acting. In 1964, she gave birth to her son, Timothy, who suffered from dwarfism. In 1968, she married her second husband, actor Michael Roman. But the marriage broke up in the early 1980s, in part due to Cabot's increasing mental fragility and paranoia. (Cabot had been taking a growth hormone prescribed for her son, possibly a factor in heightening her mental illness.) In late 1986, her son, citing years of abuse, beat her to death with a weight bar; Cabot was 59 years old.

Culled from: Brian's Drive-In Theater
Generously submitted by: Elizabeth

**********************************************************************

Ruthless Rhyme Du Jour!

I've been reading Ruthless Rhymes for Heartless Homes and More Ruthless Rhymes by Harry Graham, a collection of hysterical poems originally published in 1899, and I thought I'd share with you some of my favorites.

INDIFFERENCE

When Grandmamma fell off the boat,
And couldn't swim (and wouldn't float),
Matilda just stood by and smiled.
I almost could have slapped the child.

Ruthless Rhymes For Heartless Homes

*******

"My Brush With Morbidity" by Juan

"I'm from Bogota, Colombia, South America. Unfortunately, most 'big' cities have some dire parts, and they become especially dangerous at night.

"It was 8 PM and I had just finished doing some errands downtown, and I was dumb enough to walk to a bus stop alone in such a dangerous part of town... full of prostitutes, junkies, and thieves. When I got to the bus stop, I thought I'd made it to safety, until one junkie approached me and asked me if had some change. His pupils were smaller than a pin's tip, which is usual in crack addicts, so I told him I didn't have any change to give him. He then tried to grab my bag, but I pushed him back. I tried to run, but I felt as if someone had just punched me in the back, just below my right shoulder. I turned around, and I saw the junkie holding a knife. He stabbed me again, this time on my right arm. I fell down, and the junkie took my bag and ran away. I was so scared that I didn't feel any pain, I just felt my right arm and shoulder soaking wet. About 30 seconds later, the police arrived and I told them what had happened. Then an ambulance came and took me to a hospital, where they gave me a tetanus shot and some stitches.

"Even though I had such a dreadful experience, I feel lucky, because I'm well aware that I could've been killed."

*******

Morbid Mirth Du Jour!

People think that I'm a sick, evil, and twisted person.

But I actually have the heart of a little girl...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

In a jar...

.

.

.

.

On my desk.

Thanks to TwistedWhiskers.


McDonald's Lobster Sandwich

I find it hilarious that I am listening to Lords of Acid's The Crablouse while posting a recipe which calls for lobsters! Yes, I know it is not THAT kind of crab / crustacean, but work with me here! :P

Yes, this actually exists. On an excursion through some New England states, I practically drove off the road when I first saw a sign advertising lobster at this fast food chain. I just had to get a closer look. That's when I discovered that this unique sandwich is served only at select McDonald's locations, mostly in Maine, for a limited time only during the summer months. It's basically a lobster salad served on a sub roll with some lettuce, but it's quite tasty with fresh Maine lobster.

Since you can't get this anywhere else, I figured this sandwich was a prime candidate for kitchen cloning. Here's a recipe to make a version of your own that has never before been published.

1/2 cup cooked Maine Lobster (fresh is best)
1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise
pinch salt
1 lettuce leaf
small sub roll

1. Mix together lobster, mayonnaise, and salt.
2. Slice sub roll length wise, and spread the lettuce leaf on the bottom half.
3. Spread lobster over lettuce. Top off sandwich with top half of the roll. Makes 1 sandwich.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home