Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Some movie theatre popcorn in Taiwan should be avoided!

My grandma just asked me whether gwei jai (Eric) brought over any presents when he came over last night. Not unless you count Steph's birthday present, no... our culture is totally different, and it's FINE if he doesn't bring anything over for an evening of watching TV! (she also came downstairs at 1:30 AM and figured that Steph was sleeping at gwei mui's house - yes, she was at Vivian's!) Eric (Steph's favorite gwei jai, as he inscribed himself - jokingly, perhaps) thinks that he should beat Steph in the Sun Run this year since he really has no reason not to... being a guy and much taller SHOULD do it for him, but I guess we'll see when it happens!

Corey also emailed me back TWICE about the movie theatre popcorn in Taiwan. When I get home, I should copy and paste his initial impressions of Taiwan into a new entry, haha. 7-11 and not understanding stuff, here we come! (haha) Reminds me, I should do the same with certain YM conversations between me and Erik into Blogger - it's not like he'll unfriend me for it since he's already done so! Basically, I don't care what he thinks anymore - and haven't for a year or so!


This is what he said:

You shouldn't have Taiwanese popcorn because it made both of us sick when we went to see Ghost Rider :P

I'm sure that doesn't apply to all Taiwan popcorn :P

Pretty stupid though that with all the new things I've been trying here, POPCORN is what makes my stomach go crazy on me.


Bubble tea is less than $1 (US, probably like $1.25 your money) here, and the really good place is very very close to Jane's place :P

We went to get hot pot tonight... with spicy stuff. Definitely good stuff.

So far I've been given $5000 from Jane's family and relatives, for Chinese New Year.. the red envelopes, assuming you know what that is. That's a lot of bubble tea! :P

Jane complained about restaurants giving you too much food when she came to see me, but so far I've had food thrown at me left and right every day I've been here, and I think I literally eat half of what most everyone else eats.

So the octopus balls are okay, the weird tofu and ultra hot chili sauce that goes with it is okay, strange vegetables we don't know the English translation of are okay... just watch out for that movie popcorn.

Oh, and I haven't seen any rats here... the theater was in a mall and everything seemed clean enough :P

And I sure as hell hope there wasn't pee in it, and sincerely doubt that there was, though I suppose you can't really rule that one out 100% unless you watch them make it............


Food is certainly very important, especially during the Chinese New Year! Of course I know what the red envelopes are, you dork! And spicy hot pot is GOOD STUFF! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home