Thursday, February 08, 2007

Snack reminders / Picture with a football player

Earlier tonight, I called most of the members of my Bible Study group to see what they were doing for snacks. Jon didn't know Andrea's cell number off the top of his head, and said that that Eric had probably bought pitas and hummus already, so I confirmed that with him later. He had indeed bought those items, and suggested I buy like a bag of chips or something tomorrow so I could feel like I was contributing. Good idea, and I should give my receipt to Dylan later so the Committee can keep track of it. Then I asked about tomorrow's ride arrangements: I'll be at the usual intersection at 6 since he forgot he had to do worship stuff! Small Pho for dinner tomorrow it is, I guess... he was going to ask who I plotted to kill this week, but he had to write some stuff. Heh, there's always later for that!

Jen said that Andrea wasn't feeling well, so she would make the guacamole herself from a recipe - she also confirmed Andrea's cell number was the one I had already, and gave me Dylan's. Of course, we have no idea what Jeremy's doing since the sausage and cheese have been vetoed, but I'm sure he'll come up with something! Dylan thought he'd better call Phil to see what was going on, and thanked me for the reminder: his week's been busy, and I suggested that he should figure things out with Phil before Costco closed if they wanted to purchase dry ribs or whatever they had in mind!

Steph emailed us a photo of her and Geroy Simon: he was the BC Lions Grey Cup MVP last November! She was at Yuk Yuk's (a comedy club) with her friends Lisa and Lawrence (and others?) after MissionsFest a few weeks ago, and they saw him in the crowd there with his wife. Lawrence asked if she wanted a picture with him, but she said she was too shy to ask him! So Lawrence said to Geroy Simon: "Excuse me, Mr. Simon, but my friend is a big fan of yours and would like a picture with you!" He and his wife seemed really pleased that someone recognized him, and obligingly posed for a picture:

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home