Thursday, February 15, 2007

We're assembling a family dynasty to take over the church!

Certain people in RandomThought are being really stupid right now. I delete posts as I like, and nobody's going to stop me. It's not like I'll get banned for it, haha. (then again, that's what I thought with my corrections in RQ... still, my posts should NOT be dramatastic!)

Had a family dinner for my sister's birthday at Paterson Restaurant: it was pretty good with crab, beef and beans, and the other typical stuff. At least I didn't have any bitter melon, and my sibs still remember the time Grandma took us out for dinner at the restaurant near Save-On: THAT BITTER MELON WAS SO GROSS! We just told her it was good while making disparaging remarks about it in English, hehe. :D

Spent some of the dinner talking about my brother working for the church now as a pastoral intern... arbitrary hours rock! Sister joked that we were slowly assembling a family dynasty to take over ALL the church factions: seniors for Grandma, the admin stuff for Dad, the women for Mom, the teens for her, the little kids for me, and the guys for Jon. That would be sweet if that happened, but I'm just joking here: TOO MUCH conflict of interest! We had fun with my mom's pronunciation of "thrift," and refused to dignify my dad's lame jokes with appropriate answers. ("the chicken's not singing anymore... maybe it's humming or dead!") Then we talked about how certain people didn't know what "TLC" meant (for once, it wasn't my parents), and needed an umbrella to walk to her house from the front yard since it was lightly raining. No respect there for you, haha!

Certain other people think Wai Mui shouldn't have a family life because she's a pastor: I can name you a bunch of people who have lots of respect for her. She does a LOT for the various Chinese fellowship groups, takes care of her kids Hannah and Priscilla, and also has to take care of her disabled husband Rick! (he was a brilliant man before he was in the car accident which took away a lot of his brain function) It's a wonder that she has any time to herself, IF she has some! I know I wouldn't. Of COURSE she has to leave church at 2:30 to pick up her kids from school and such... what are they gonna do, walk to the church?! UGH. Okay, so that turned out more ranty than I intended. Bottom line is, RESPECT your pastor for what she does!

Jon said that Dallas was moving today to his new place near them, and was at Long's Noodle House when he called to see where he was. They went for Dragon Ball later, but I didn't want to join them: lotsa work to do yet for me! I was GOING to shelve the "going over to the townhouse next week" till later, but certain people assumed things they shouldn't have... AGAIN. Why am I not surprised? Jon said that the dinner with Harmony's parents on Tuesday (at the same restaurant) lasted about two hours: he'd wanted to read a book since he couldn't understand much of the conversation, but knew that would be rude. Not the thing to do around your girlfriend's parents, that's for sure! He thinks that our parents and her parents get along reasonably well since they talked for a LONG time... that's good, then. Poor bored brother, though! (at least Eric and I could talk to each other when Jon and Steph were out of town for those family lunches!) Steph was reading all her Toronto friends' blogs and the majority of the posts were all like "I just got back from shoveling TONS of snow!" She sent the SLB pics to Cecilia, who was amazed that Steph officially beat Jon... Tony didn't need to say he ate a lot just to impress us, but meh. We still did it!

Steph had her break from Western food tonight, what with lunch AND dinner out for her birthday tomorrow. Jon finally gave me the birthday card and such outside the restaurant, so I gave Grandma her Chinese New Year card in the car. She seemed to be okay with it, but did say that there was no need to give it to her. Too bad, I just did! Good thing I got Jon to sign all the other February / March cards during the AGM, especially with this ten-day trip he's taking to see Harmony and his other friends! Steph will be back there for Gilbert's wedding in August, but not before! Mom's planning some short family cruise to LA: four in one room and two in the other does NOT work logically, hello! Just have us three kids in one room, and the three older people in another! Eh, I guess we'll see how things go... I better be finished with a significant amount of work by the time May rolls around!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home