Friday, January 19, 2007

Black olives are NOT black grapes!

Just before I left, I convinced Corey to join getoffmyspace so he could see whatever I might link him to from that community, haha! Ping-pong tonight was okay... I threatened Jon with death if he didn't bring the birthday cards by next Friday at the latest, haha! Got to talk to a lot of people, and found out from Nathan that Vancouver had lost 4-3 tonight in a shootout to Buffalo. (Eric, Jon, and I were listening on the way over to the table tennis club, but only to the halfway point of overtime... DARN GOALS WITH 40 SECONDS LEFT IN REGULATION WHEN OUR BACKUP GOALIE WANTS THE WIN!) Learned that Eric's now doing the emailed announcements, which means I will definitely be cheering him on, haha.

The spread of food was impressive: smoked salmon, pate, crackers, chips, bottled water, Koala juices, grapes, veggies, sourdough bread with spinach dip, and other stuff. Quan tried convincing Joyce that black olives were black grapes, so I ate one of the black things: when I told Joyce that it was an olive, Quan teased her with "Ha! And you believed me right away when I said it was a grape!" Eric got my attention by lightly hitting me on the head with a ping-pong paddle, then offered me a mint chocolate stick: he'd won a box of them for being part of the winning table when Round 1 of the icebreaker rally game was played. Cool stuff!

Talked for a bit to Isabel, who said that the snack spread was basically her dinner: I knew the feeling! Entertained the toddlers Megan and Benjamin who were really curious / interested in the ping-pong games, and talked to their moms Winnie and Stella too. Cindy and Dianne were busy with the little ones, and Auntie Cathy said that she couldn't resist holding the children on Sunday... she feels it later on when she gets home after service, though! Said hi to Alan, Rich, Vivian, Sheena, Maisie, Angus, Uncle Daniel, Auntie Christina, Uncle Hansel, Ivan, Billy, and Chalaine: they're all doing well, so that's good. Sheena liked the darker red toque (without bow on top) that Auntie Fonda knitted for me: hey, it's one I can FIND in my room, haha! Uncle Daniel now knows about Harmony only because I told him about the "drunken debauchery tales" book she gave me for Christmas.

Randal and I discussed Missions Fest next week - I don't know if I'll go since Eric's gone from work these few years, but Randal might take the day off on Friday since he still has last year's vacation days to use up. If he does, he says he might go down to Richmond and pick me up: I told him to email me about that then, heh... he then wanted me to spoil 24 for him since he didn't watch much TV at all. Okay... I did, then he said he had to watch it on Monday. (I told Joyce what had happened in the episodes she missed, too) He'll use the ladybug stickers to decorate things, and still likes the Bathroom Reader calendar, although he can only look at one day at a time! (I've been remiss in looking at the yearly book he gave me, oops) He also asked what I'd done this week: stayed home and avoided the snow for the most part! Then I jokingly asked him: "You don't know me very well, do you? How well do you know me?" He admitted, "No... not very well, heh." He'll have to work on that one, hehe.

A bunch of people remarked on Jeremy's nametag: he'd written "White Jeremy" on it, which is what people know him as sometimes! Not that there was confusion tonight since Sam's brother wasn't there, but you never know! Eric had written something else on his own nametag: "Roger Federer AKA Eric" ... haha, sure you're that guy! I saw Hon for the first time in a long time, but he was very sick: he definitely didn't sound well at all, poor guy. When Angus and Melia left, Melia confirmed that I would need the Saturday home ride from now on... looks that way to me! (I'll ask Henry why tomorrow, haha) Karen Choo said she'd sent me an email asking how the new Bible Study group was going, and got worried because I didn't respond: maybe she sent it to my old account, but I did respond to the Evite so she knew I got THAT! (she also gave me a bag full of leftovers from tonight, saying she thought of me: cool stuff, even though I feel kinda weird taking it!) Andrea said her boyfriend Chuck is stressed because it's time for placement in his medicine degree... that's pretty understandable! I told Darren that he was out of luck looking for water since the clean-up crew had put those away: I got a bottle at the right time, yay!

Karen Lew and I got into a discussion about that woman who died of water intoxication: that's sad and horrible! Holding your wee for a Wii, indeed... brain swelling, body drowning, etc. is NOT the way we'd want to go! The "holding your wee for a Wii" headlines were funny, but not what actually happened... it's like Hurricane Durian's name being funny, but not the destruction! (What do they call their other hurricanes? Hurricane Mango? Hurricane Jackfruit? Haha, I'll have to tell Jeremy that... and Karen about the "ow! I just got hit by spiky fruit!" thing, too!) Then we saw some Ruffles chips: they were all-dressed (too much vinegar), but she took a bag anyhow even if it wasn't sour cream and onion. (her favorite) On the way out, there was a bit of a holdup because Dianne tripped on the way down the stairs (I'm assuming... I didn't see this happen, unlike what Eric thought)... the lady at the counter was trying to reduce her liability / likelihood of being sued by telling her to sit down and ice her ankle. Jon thought it was our usual loitering, but Jeremy clarified: "It's the 'stand around and see what happens when someone gets injured!' loitering!" She seemed to be okay, so that was good.

On the way home, we dropped Sam and Darren off at Zephyr in the Sky (no more Insomnia Karaoke Restaurant!) to meet Joey and Mike who were also coming from ping-pong: sweat smell is NOT going to impress the girls, much less the people at the minimum-charge place! (and their tales of Chris stinking up his place with farts during sleepovers didn't impress us either!) At my place, I got Jon's pate / crackers / chips / water out of the bag of food before taking it. Sourdough bread, butter, a box of orange chocolate sticks, fruits, veggies, and such is enough to last me a few days at least!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home