Saturday, January 20, 2007

THIS WEEK ONLY! PHEW! / Cute kids!

Henry and I listened to music on the way over, then he asked how my week was: it was okay, all things considered. He'd just had school, and he figures that there'd be nothing wrong with a little healthy competition in ping-pong.. perhaps not! He asked whether I had a ride: yup, even though Melia doesn't live in Richmond! So I asked what was happening, and he told me: "Committee meeting." Generally acceptable excuse, although I did find myself wondering what kind of committee met every week to discuss things! (we only did it like once a month or so, when I was there...) Then we went to Awana, where things were clarified: IT WAS ONLY FOR THIS WEEK THAT I NEEDED A RIDE! Man, I must have misheard him the other day! PHEW... at least things worked out, since Michelle said she'd drive me home!

Amos, Andrew, and Jason had this "production line like child labor" thing going on when they tested the felts to see if they worked. Auntie Vivian thought they were crazy for having one person uncap the felt, one person testing to see if it worked, and one person to cap the felt again / throw it away. At one point, the Wong brothers were pelting Andrew with pens since (as Mike put it) they "had the worst aim in the world" for the garbage can! Then we talked about water intoxication: yeah, that lady's brain swelled a LOT and exploded! She didn't even win, but came in second place... Jason said that it would have been something if she HAD won the Nintendo Wii. A while later, the guys came back from the Awana store and Andrew was practically in hysterics. Then he played with my calculator, which was apparently very hilarious for him! I asked if I wanted to know what was so funny: no, he said. Jason added that he was drunk on vodka, which he denied. (better not be, at church around little kids and all...) Good times, I guess!

Eric also had this yard-long stick of bubble gum, which was a conversation piece for us leaders! Mike and Joey were teaching the kids something weird, which resulted in laughs and doing the limbo. After Awana, I talked to little Ian for a bit, asking him simple questions about his holiday experience in Hong Kong. No, he didn't buy anything. Yes, his cousin lives in Hong Kong. Yes, he liked Hong Kong. Heh, cute kid... he even yelled "BYE!" to me and Mike on his way out. Ryan and Ethan got some yogurt tubes from the church kitchen, then we all left with David to go home with Michelle. Cute kids: Ryan will go skating for his seventh birthday in a few days, and they talked about paper snakes and magnets. At least they're past asking me whether I know Chinese, haha! I also had to tell them that the S-word was bad. :P

Gas is under a dollar a litre here for the first time in a couple YEARS! 95.9, baby!


You Should Paint Your Room Purple

Sophisticated and exotic, purple can also be a deeply comforting color.
Your purple room will inspire you to trust yourself more and go with your intuition.
Purple has also been known to facilitate healing and a feeling of protection.


Sweet! One of my favorite colors!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home