Thursday, January 25, 2007

PARADISE NOW / Dream: Waiting for Hon's while I get three Bathroom Readers

First: THE POLICE ARE IN TOWN ON THE NORTH SHORE PREPARING FOR A WORLD TOUR! OH MY!!!!

Second: I HATE BEING IN THE BATHROOM AND SEEING AN INSECT FLY IN AND OUT OF THERE! Corey suggested I eat it... while I won't argue I probably need the protein, I'm NOT up for eating those things unless I absolutely have to, thanks. :P

Third: Jon sent us all an email about watching a movie called Paradise Now after the AGM on Sunday... I can tell you that all *I* personally want to do after AGMs is relax / sleep / blog! (not necessarily in that order, and depending on other existing plans) Nathan says it's 80% sure, Phil would like to see it, Danielle would love to see it (and employs a lot of alliteration in "Where will we be watching this?"), and Steph says she already has plans. (but tells them to have fun... I know these documentaries aren't her thing!)

"It'll be after the AGM, so chances are you'll just want to go home and take it easy for the rest of the day. However, the movie is intriguing, and takes a look at the culture surrounding Palestinian suicide bombers; why would they ever want to become a bomber in the first place? From what people have told me, the terrible mistreatment of the Palestinian people play a part. Well, that's all I really know about the film. For all I know, I could be misleading you about its contents. If you're itching to watch it, let me know, as it's due on Monday, but I might be able to renew it for another week." Sounds interesting, though!


Fourth: I wish I didn't have trouble falling asleep: THIS SUCKS! But at least it gives me weird / interesting dreams...

This one started out with Uncle Hansel sending me a lot of important documents in the mail. So as I was opening them to see what they contained (cheques and directives on church stuff), my brother came in and tripped over piles of stuff. He went to the emergency room as a precaution, and came back later saying that there was no real problem. The next day, Uncle Hansel sent me a note on paper towel suggesting that my brother had mistaken some robot diagram for his hospital gown. (which was of course thrown away) I asked Jon about it, and he said it was true... then he held up a church family newsletter saying that Jeff's family back East were all having trouble, and Jeff was the only one of them here. (in real life, that's not true!) Apparently, Jeff was going back East to help them: of course we'd all pray for them!

After that, my family decided to go to a mall which was like Metrotown, but not. We all went our separate ways in the clothing department of a store that had a bookstore / library just off to the right. While in that store, I became enamored of a huge Bathroom Reader that was a 1980s encyclopedia: I remember the M section having entries on Marshmallows and Madonna. Wanted to buy that and a few other books, but was running out of time. My mom saw me there and wanted me to go back to the big store: she gave me a shrink-wrapped set of two books (a hardcover and a softcover) to entice me. It even had a note from "Sabrina, Cindy, and Brandon" to say that they were sorry they'd missed my birthday, but they hoped I enjoyed this set. I still wanted to buy those books, though... my grandma was lining up at this food place, and my mom intercepted her to say that we'd all go to Hon's for dinner instead.

There was one really long lineup that would take ten minutes just to go through, and I spotted a cashier with no lineup: naturally, I went for that option. She looked like a black / East Indian / other ethnicity (?) girl I went to school with in real life (Sandra Kurianparambil: thick black glasses and long wavy hair), and took time to put all my books in separate green plastic bags. When I dropped all my stuff, she was patient as I picked it all up - she didn't even say anything about my debit card having a corner cut off and missing! She asked if I went to a local elementary school (McBride), and asked if I still sat in a class she'd seen earlier.

By this point, my mom was getting angry / upset since we were supposed to be at Hon's EARLY... and that book set she gave me earlier was supposed to suffice! ("I don't understand why you need to buy those books NOW... they'll still be there next time!" "No, I'm buying the last copy of the 1980s book!") Besides, I was engaged in conversation with the cashier since it was a good thing I went up to her because there was no lineup! Then the dream ended... very weird. o_O (I have to buy the #19 Bathroom Reader and food, but that's all I can think of for triggers!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home