Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Need Interesting People / Howard Johnson's Boston Brown Bread

I'd take a shower, but it's kinda late and I'm not talking to anybody right now. I think I need more interesting people to talk to on IM. Even real-life people would be cool, but I almost never talk to them on MSN... go figure! Maybe I need to break out of this comfort zone and meet new people. *sigh*

I probably need to go to bed, though... maybe I'll make a post tomorrow somewhere saying how I need more people to talk to over the Internet, haha. No, I'm not going to call people at this hour. Yet one name keeps popping in my mind... DAMN YOU, subconscious! :P (or maybe it's the power of suggestion [NOT goodbye! :P] from what Eric said on Friday... either way, I don't like it!)


Howard Johnson's Boston Brown Bread

Categories: Meats, Cake Mix

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

1 cup Unsifted whole wheat flour
1 cup Unsifted rye flour
1 cup Yellow corn meal
1 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
3/4 cup Molasses
2 cups Buttermilk

Grease and flour a 2 quart mold. Combine flours, corn meal, baking soda, and salt. Stir in molasses and buttermilk. Turn into mold, and cover tightly. Place on trivet in deep kettle. Add enough boiling water to kettle to come half way up sides of mold; cover. Steam 3 1/2 hours, or until done. Remove from mold to cake rack. Serve hot with baked beans. Makes 1 loaf.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home