Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Yawns of power? / Houlihan's Houli Fruit Fizz

I'm yawning now... I think I may fall asleep at the computer if I'm not careful, heh. Then again, I probably need to catch up on sleep from the weekend.. staying up till 3:30 or 4 AM on long days is not so great, and I can't really handle it much anymore. But watch: I'll be doing it again sometime in the near future, I'm sure. o_O


Houlihan's Houli Fruit Fizz

Restaurateurs Joseph Gilbert and John Robinson needed a name for the new restaurant they planned to open in the Country Club Plaza of Kansas City, Missouri. To make the job easy, they kept the name of the location's previous tenant -- a clothing store called Houlihan's Men's Wear -- and opened Houlihan's Old Place in 1972. This was at the time when T.G.I. Friday's was popularizing casual dining, so the concept was an instant hit. That early success led to more Houlihan's opening in other states, and another multi-million dollar chain was born. The Houli Fruit Fizz is a simple blend of fruit juices and Sprite that can be served with a meal or enjoyed on its own. This drink is one of Houlihan's own classic, signature recipes.

1 12-ounce can cold Sprite
1/2 cup cold pineapple juice
1/4 cup cold orange juice
1 cup cold cranberry juice

Combine all of the ingredients in a pitcher and pour into two glasses over ice. Be sure all of the ingredients are cold when combined.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home