Monday, December 11, 2006

Audiograbber, Morbid Facts, Hot Dog on a Stick Muscle Beach Lemonade

Some people think that nobody likes me.
I think these people take themselves a little TOO seriously.

UGH! Why the hell does the drama follow me MONTHS later?! All I do is correct people in a good way!


Basically, Corey had no luck finding me a POP TATARI torrent, so we went the next best route:

[01:03:47] Flami: My dragon needs a name!: my bro wants his CD back, so what am I to do?
[01:07:32] Corey: so copy the CD if you already HAVE it :P
[01:08:08] Flami: how?
[01:23:20] Corey: you have Nero, right? it'll make you a copy :P
[01:23:31] Corey: the wizard crap will have a CD copying option somewhere
[01:23:36] Corey: pretty obviously, I think
[01:26:49] Flami: so I have to have a blank CD?
[01:29:30] Corey: well, yeah...
[01:29:56] Corey: or you could just get a program like Audiograbber, which will rip it to MP3, or .wav so you can burn a CD... or in the case of MP3, just play on your computer :P
[01:31:36] Corey: this one will even search FreeDB and do track numbers / song names on the files for you :P
[01:32:07] Corey: free program... I'd pick one of the ones that says "direct links"... the other two probably require extra clicking
[01:34:22] Flami: have you used it?
[01:36:25] Corey: that'd be why I know the features, and am sending you to it...
[01:37:20] Flami: I am just checking :P
[01:41:08] Flami: what the heck is a data track?
[01:41:41] Corey: is that the only thing it says?
[01:42:06] Corey: that means there are files on the CD, not music. if there's a data track AND other stuff... it has computer stuff you can look at along with the music
[01:44:38] Flami: no wonder, I had the DVD in
[01:45:15] Corey: having the CD in does help when you're getting the music off it, yeah :D
[01:45:47] Flami: I didn't know what I had in there!
[01:53:23] Flami: okay.. now what?
[01:53:35] Corey: grab!
[01:55:14] Flami: do I need to put the title / track names and such in myself first?
[01:56:15] Corey: no! :P I already told you that it did that for you
[01:56:28] Corey: click the freeDB penguin.. thing... I forget what it is
[01:58:41] Flami: YAY! IT MOVES! :D (I am easily amused :P)
[01:59:39] Flami: ... a 30-second track is more than 5 MB?! What?!
[02:01:09] Corey: someone didn't check the mp3 options
[02:01:17] Corey: .wav files are big... that's why God invented MP3s
[02:01:54] Corey: well, actually it was just some dude that invented MP3s, but he's probably worshipped as a god by some people
[02:02:00] Corey: he's A-OK in my book!
[02:06:09] Flami: I checked the little box, but the files are still kinda huge
[02:09:58] Corey: how huge is kinda huge?
[02:12:22] Flami: huge as in they haven't changed :P
[02:13:01] Corey: does it say they're .wav files or .mp3 files?
[02:14:50] Corey: if you're looking at the Audiograbber window, those are the sizes on the CD...
[02:17:09] Flami: it doesn't say what sort of files they are
[02:17:53] Corey: well then, you suck at computers
[02:18:28] Corey: you're probably looking at the Audiograbber window, which as I just said, is just the files on the CD.... you need to look at where you've saved them, if you've done the grab part yet
[02:21:05] Flami: thanks... now I did the grab thing.. and now it appears like I'm saving ridiculously huge music files on my computer somewhere..
[02:21:54] Corey: it'll tell you where it saves them if you look in the options.. I think it's just in the Audiograbber folder by default
[02:27:01] Flami: well, I can't look at the options right now coz it's busy grabbing the things
[02:27:44] Corey: well that window probably says where it's saving things too
[02:35:44] Flami well, it's done now... they all apparently copied OK to... somewhere?
[02:37:22] Flami: but there's still time remaining!
[02:37:29] Corey: AAAH!!!!
[02:37:35] Corey: this is all so intense!
[02:37:49] Flami: is that good or bad?
[02:39:51] Corey: just look in the settings for where it's set to save the files
[02:41:24] Flami: My dragon needs a name!: general? okay..
[02:41:48] Flami: it is in the Audiograbber folder..
[02:42:02] Flami: but it still says there's 14:46 remaining on the bottom... should I be worried?
[02:42:27] Corey: is it still doing stuff?
[02:42:34] Corey: the bottom of what?
[02:42:58] Corey: if you've got a file for each song....
[02:43:59] Flami: no, it's copied OKAY, apparently... the bottom of the Audiograbber window... and apparently I do..
[02:50:05] Corey: well, if the grabbing window thing went away, it's done
[02:53:01] Flami: okay..
[02:55:01] Flami: should I test 'em, or wait?
[02:55:10] Corey: it's done!
[02:55:18] Corey: the window that was doing stuff has come and gone :P
[02:55:25] Corey: just go click the files and listen to them
[02:57:26] Flami: dang, yet another file thing I should save to my documents folder in preparation for the day when I switch hard drives... or should all that stuff be in another folder entirely? (My Documents won't copy over to another drive, will it?)
[02:59:20] Corey: uh, of course it will. My Documents is just a link to a folder buried in C:\Documents and Settings somewhere
[02:59:36] Corey: it can be changed to something useful... mine is G:\stuff
[03:00:20] Corey: now I can save things to My Documents which stupid programs go to by default, but it's a directory I can actually get to manually without any hassle
[03:05:20] Flami: sweet
[03:07:23] Flami: .... you have SEVEN DRIVES on your computer?!
[03:11:46] Corey: I have A:, C:, D:, E:, F:, G:, H:, I:, J:, K:, and N: at the moment...
[03:11:53] Corey: on my desktop computer
[03:12:48] Corey: C, D, and G are hard drives... two hard drives, one of which is partitioned into two drives :P E and F are DVD drives... N: is a network drive mapped to my laptop's hard drive.. and the rest are virtual CD drives
[03:15:16] Corey: I have C, D, E, F, G, U and W on my laptop :P C is the hard drive, D is the DVD drive... E is a virtual drive... F is the D drive on my desktop, G is the G drive on my desktop, and I should probably get rid of U and W since they're my U and W drives from school, and I need to be AT school on their network to actually access them :P
[03:16:19] Flami: haha, okay... now I can conclude and go to bed... LONG DAY... church, lunch, potluck dinner... which I'll tell you about tomorrow?
[03:19:55] Flami: I looked at where I saved the files, and apparently I have one each of a .wav and MP3
[03:24:02] Flami: is that good?
[03:28:00] Corey: because you did it twice.... one with the MP3 option checked, and one without...
[03:28:01] Corey: you can get rid of the .wavs
[03:28:19] Corey: unless you want to make a normal audio CD out of it.. the .wavs are better for that
[03:28:41] Flami: I don't know what I want to do with 'em, so maybe I'll just keep them both for now...


Today's Unsuspecting Yet Truly Morbid Fact!

During the American Revolution (in 1778), some of the Tories -- American colonials who remained loyal to the British king -- joined forces with Indian tribes to raid frontier towns in New York and Pennsylvania. One of the most brutal raids took place on July 3 in the Wyoming Valley in Pennsylvania. There, some 800 Tories and Indians massacred more than 200 unsuspecting Americans... a bloody act the Tories later blamed on the Indians.

Culled from: The Pessimist's Guide To History

**********************************************************************

A Plethora Of Viscera!

The T-shirts I promised are still being worked on and will be available soon, but in the meantime, I created some merchandise at Café Press. (I won't create T-shirts there since they don't utilize the high-quality silkscreening process that I demand for my garments, but they are adequate for other items.) I have created some products with the Skull n' Crossbones MFDJ logo, and some mugs with my "Make Mine Strychnine!" motto. I'm hoping to begin making lots of fun-filled morbid merchandise in the future - this is just the beginning... and hopefully, you'll enjoy what I've done so far. Let me know your thoughts, and please feel free to send your requests for future items my way.

*******

The Comtesse Reviews...
Nekromantik (1987)

I just finished watching the German gorefest Nekromantik, and I think the words "gory mess" can serve to summarize it on two different levels. First of all, as expected, the gore factor in this movie is very high, and I was heard to say on a few occasions, "Oh, now, that's just sick" - and you know that takes some doing. There are also some scenes of despicable animal cruelty that I found abhorrent (yes, I close my eyes for violence against animals, but not people - make of that what you will). The film is also a mess as far as its storyline is concerned - meandering from reality to dream sequence, from boring moment to gory moment, without much of a point. I mean, it really takes some doing for a film about necrophilia to lose my interest, but this one did it. Stick with Nacho Cerda's Aftermath for a truly good slice of necrophilia.

*******

Morbid Mirth Du Jour!

A lady walks into a drug store and tells the pharmacist she needs some cyanide.

The pharmacist said, "Why in the world do you need cyanide?" The lady then explained she needed it to poison her husband.

The pharmacist's eyes got big and he said, "Lord have mercy, I can't give you cyanide to kill your husband! That's against the law! I'll lose my license, they'll throw both of us in jail, and all kinds of bad things will happen! Absolutely not, you can NOT have any cyanide!"

Then the lady reached into her purse and pulled out a picture of her husband in bed with the pharmacist's wife.

The pharmacist looked at the picture and replied, "Well now, you didn't tell me you had a prescription."

Thanks to Paradox for this one!

*******

Wretched Recommendations!

Stephen has a film recommendation for us:

"I found a Japanese-made "shock" movie at Walmart that I thought I'd NEVER see there: IZO. It is about a samurai who is too evil to enter Heaven, and too good to enter Hell, so he must walk the Earth for eternity. He eventually tires of this, and decides to kill enough people to get into Hell, and he kills so many (oh, the BLOOD!), that he finally gets his wish.

"For a mere $9.99, it's a good gore-fest, and even has a pretty good anti-establishment (kill all those in charge) plot to go with it, if you're into that."

And who isn't?

Izo (2004)


Hot Dog on a Stick Muscle Beach Lemonade

Entrepreneur Dave Barham opened the first Hot Dog on a Stick location in Santa Monica, California near famed Muscle Beach. That was in 1946, and today the chain has blossomed into a total of more than 100 outlets in shopping malls across America. You've probably seen the bright red, white, blue and yellow go-go outfits and those trippy fez-style bucket hats on the girls behind the counter. In giant clear plastic vats at the front of each store floats ice, fresh lemon rinds, and what is probably the world's most thirst-quenching substance -- Muscle Beach Lemonade. It's a simple concoction, really. Only three ingredients. And with this TSR formula, you'll have your own version of the lemonade in the comfort of your own home at a fraction of the price.

1 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
7 cups water
1 cup granulated sugar

1. Combine the lemon juice with the water and sugar in a 2-quart pitcher. Stir or shake vigorously until all the sugar is dissolved.
2. Slice two of the remaining lemon rind halves into fourths for a total of eight pieces, then add the rinds to the pitcher. Add ice to the top of the pitcher and chill.
3. Serve the lemonade over ice in 12-ounce glass and add a lemon rind slice to each glass. Makes 2 quarts, or 8 servings.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home