Sunday, December 10, 2006

Tony wants to crash a dinner? / Too early to wear a Santa hat?

On the way to church today, I brought up the survey Steph had filled out on Xanga yesterday. Steph loves it when I drink at family gatherings... well, at least I only do it in moderation! Apparently Harmony knows that our family can get crazy sometimes... thanks, Jon! Grandma noticed my Santa hat, so we were trying to get her to do an imitation of Santa saying "HO HO HO!" That didn't go over very well, haha. Jon wondered where his Boredoms CD was... whoops, I still have it! Maybe I should download POP TATARI while this computer still works, heh. (am in process of looking for it right now... I keep getting torrents for SEADRUM / HOUSE OF SUN, so I'll ask Corey about it when I get back tonight sometime!)

Once I got to church, I gave Auntie Esther the Bathroom Reader: she thinks I have a good memory! (Uncle Peter and Auntie Ying loved the Christmas card I gave to Phil and Melia, heh) I decided to just sit by Jeremy this morning instead of stepping over him and his stuff as usual, which was fine with him since he needed to move his stretched-out arms while talking to Alan about stuff. Then we both had to move down because Nathan wanted the washroom seat. We had numerous technological difficulties with the Powerpoint and projector today: of all times for Steph's laptop not to work from Standby like it usually does! I sang a few notes wrongly since I was really reaching for a key change. *cringe* Hopefully, Nate and Jeremy didn't notice... and why do I want to be seen as perfect when I'm not? Who knows. At least we got a history lesson and laughs out of the sermon today: Caesar and his connection to Herod's father, Herod killing everyone including his 13 sons, assassinations, etc. Citrus and Danielle helped me with my beaded bracelet when it came loose: Jeremy even found a purple star on the floor and handed it to me. I don't think I'll be wearing THAT outside anymore! (they liked my red shirt with fake jewels on it, heh... it's that season!) I *just* managed to catch Eric before he went off somewhere (again) and confirmed that he'd be picking me up around 5:30 tonight.

After service was done, we all stood around talking about tonight's potluck, and the massive quantities of beer that Jeremy has in his closet. (45 bottles of it, plus 23 more litres waiting to be bottled... he's trying to regulate his room temperature for the beer, and seeing just how low he can go without freezing himself!) Jon and I talked to Jen and Dawn for a while: the rhyme which Dawn's boyfriend made up is pretty weird, and might give people the wrong impression about him, haha. Her dad's coming into town on Monday, which should be good... Jon thought that he'd been in town already! I gave Dianne her Christmas card while she was out looking for Cindy, and I gave Daniel his Christmas card a while before that. Talked to Chrystal for a bit: her sister Emily and HER boyfriend Mike are very busy at school with projects and finals! Nathan re-introduced Tony to us: he went to the University of Saskatchewan, and is working here in a Wal-Mart. Uncle Daniel said hi to me, so I talked to him very briefly before going to the toddler Sunday School... there was only one kid there! Dunno where everyone else went!

After that, I went out to the basement and stretched William's neck for him. He returned my PLANET ECCENTRIC! Ripley's book to me, saying that his sister Mary had been grossed out by some of the stuff in there: I'm not surprised! Olivia said hi to me, and she and Margaret commandeered the book while Mary looked for gross stuff. (weird carrots, people with six fingers / six toes, huge lemons, and more!) Later, I wondered what we were doing for lunch: apparently, it didn't matter. So I wandered outside after asking the guys if they'd seen any rats yesterday: nope! Melia was so close to calling Steph and asking if she'd like to do Awana again, haha. (too many leaders out due to finals and such)

Jeremy, Danielle, Christon, Steph, Jon, Tony and Dylan were all standing in a circle discussing the miracle of the Israelites crossing the Red Sea, which had apparently come up in Sunday School. After some discussion of that, Tony wanted to know what we were doing for Christmas: he wants to crash a family dinner since he's alone here. Then he wanted to know what we were doing for lunch: Danielle was waiting for Citrus' parents, and found five missed calls on her phone! We all laughed when she said that she'd turn it on now, since Citrus looked annoyed when he passed by us on the way in. Tony asked if it was a regular thing to stand outside in circles, and Christon confirmed that we did it even on Fridays! Jon and Steph went in for a bit separately: the lunch consensus was Pho next door. Steph thought that only applied to everyone else and not us, but we went in and got two tables anyhow.

We discussed WARCRAFT, gaming, and literally dying while playing the game for 80 hours straight. Dylan thought you'd fall asleep, but not according to Christon who played it for 12 hours straight, OR Tony who played it for 48 hours straight! Church stuff was brought up when Tony wanted to know what to say in a LONG email exchange with a non-Christian friend he met on WOW (Tony was a priest, and his friend was a warlock!), so we all advised him on stuff. (he shouldn't sound arrogant, and ask HIM some questions too!) Tony discussed his overtime and work life at Wal-Mart, and wondered if we let the Awana clubbers throw water balloons at the leaders! Since I was the table expert, I was naturally interested in this topic, and told him NO WAY! (Steph backed me up... that would be CHAOS!) Sister told Dylan about Vivian's EXTREME love for Christmas: it's been pent-up for 11 months, and nothing's going to stop her! So just be careful if there are carols at the potluck, haha.

Since it's the time of year for pranks / initiations by UBC engineering and caroling, Jon said that his music class slammed the door shut on them once since they were writing a final. Christon's class tried doing the same thing, but the people just marched in and around them singing! Lots of pranks result in people dying because they consume 100 shots of beer (5 pints) in an hour without peeing / throwing up. (ah, you can't get away with all-nighters and stuff now that you're an adult and not a student!) Dylan complained that his back hurt, and asked me if I had that problem. Not really, since I'm not too active with volleyball and such! Steph wanted a squash court in the new church, and Jeremy was all for that! (he asked me if I wanted tea, calling me by name... lots of people at lunch, for sure!) Jon told Steph that he'd ordered a spicy bowl (#24) once and thought it was the regular bowl instead, so put lots of red hot sauce into it... that was one unpleasant experience!

We discovered that Tony lives near Brentwood, and wondered about his transportation for various upcoming events before splitting. Jon went to Commercial for some good coffee (and here I thought he wasn't going to the potluck!), but he had some study material and the Bible with him. Steph and I went back to the church for a little while: one of the Awana kids noticed my Santa hat and told me that I shouldn't be wearing it since it wasn't Christmas yet! Man, that kid is weird... we told him it was the Christmas SEASON, but he still didn't get it. Oh well! Steph drove me and Grandma home afterwards: Mom got her space by going shopping, heh. Sister wanted me to say hi to Eric and mention that it feels like she hasn't seen him in a month! (we also discussed the JOY OF COOKING, which Steph lost at Incentive / beer / Randal / etc.) Good times! I was going to take a nap, but I guess I don't really have time for that now. Ah well, it's a frappuccino for me!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home