Friday, December 22, 2006

IQ Test / Red cabbage / Buying up last-minute stuff / Sam saves the night!

IQ Test... how smart are YOU? I got a 24 on this one, making me 34.3% smarter than average... whee!

Ah, no WONDER Jeremy knows how to make red cabbage and has it at big family dinners! I should have known that it's a German tradition, haha. When he gets back, maybe I'll ask him if he has sausage and schnitzel there, too. (or not... yay for stereotyping! :P)

Saw Chris Noble at the bus stop: I used to live with him, so we chatted for a bit. Went to Shoppers to mail stuff, and found that the post office didn't have any Christmas postcards. Bought 100 Christmas cards at a good price since I was there anyhow. Wasted time at the liquor store since they didn't have any more chocolate beer, and I didn't have my ID anyhow so I couldn't purchase stuff from there. I went to Carlton's Cards at the mall, and I should have known that they didn't have any more 30-packs of foil Christmas cards... should have bought them when I saw 'em! (30 foil ones for eight dollars?!) Then I went to Save-On Foods to buy butter tart and eggnog ice creams (both of which seem to be tasty), as well as some greeting cards... was gonna get postcards, but they didn't seem to have 'em. (should have got them at Shoppers!)

After that, I went home to find eight missed calls. Phoned Eric's cell to see what was up: Jon answered, and essentially it was a case of miscommunication since things got messed up. (he's supposed to be there by 6, but he didn't say that to ME... although I think the dinner started at 6:30) He said I was welcome to show up and hang out at the celebration (I HOPE so!), and then made various insinuations about how I'd just stay home and chat with LJ / online friends who were likely having turkey dinners at that moment. Uh, shut up! I thought about it afterwards, and figured that I'd bus out if I had to... then I got the idea to call Sam and see what HE was up to. He's in Steveston, but can pick me up between 6:45 and 7. Saved by my head, once again! :P

Oh no, here's an email from Randal... do I wanna know what it says? Ah, it's his turn to apologize to me and Danielle... he was joking, except for the last part of the message. That's why they invented emoticons, kiddies! ;) Dunno why he doesn't use them, but whatever. Things are fine now, haha. "No more spam" is right! Time to take a much-needed shower and then leave!


You Are Eggnog

Rich, sweet, and probably a little drunk. Everyone who knows you tends to get a little fatter.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home