Friday, December 22, 2006

Drafts, seasonal ice cream, Sarah Rowlett, irreverent card I got today

Note to self: Drafts are an excellent way to keep the flow of entries coming. ;)

Sometime in the next few hours, I should go out and get some butter tart / eggnog ice cream. Dunno why I didn't do so on Wednesday when I was actually at the store... oh yeah, some worker was blocking the section where those were, and couldn't move. While I'm out, I should mail some last-minute stuff and my application. It's probably not going to get there till after Christmas, but whatever. I'm going to mail Sarah Rowlett a Christmas card and a Vancouver postcard now that I have her address from her graduation, and pick up a birthday card (March 22) / wedding card (April 14) for her to be mailed sometime in February. (I should remember, if I stash them in my cards in the right place...) I also need to pick up an April birthday card, too... and get certain people to sign it! (and they should sign the December birthday cards I currently have now, too!) Hopefully I'll get home in time to be picked up for dinner tonight, hahaha.

Speaking of mail and such, I got the good kind today! Kadri (bad_habit) sent me a postcard from Talinn, her hometown. The Holy Ghost church, expensive cafés, garlic restaurants (which I suspect my mom would like), and more! Savina (bodha) sent me a postcard of the Palace Schönbrunn near her home in Vienna, Austria... great for Christmas spirit if you avoid the drunks, haha. Janina (mrshannibal) sent me a Christmas card, an Oakland postcard, and some winter stickers which all got used up on card corners already. Her son Billy (fdolarhyde13) sent me a card where he managed to insert himself (I think? better go look at the picture posts) into the Nativity scene and make it totally irreverent. Ah, the miracles of Photoshop! He made reference to "the great white north" in his message. *looks out window* Nope, not today... maybe a month ago! Hahaha. Thanks, guys!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home