Saturday, October 07, 2006

The return of the chocolate fondue fountain means we can dip broccoli into it!

Eric picked me up a little later than 7:05, the time he claimed that he'd be at my place. Oh well, I'm used to it. He reminded me that he wanted a sane car ride (even though he didn't have a bad week or anything), so I did my best to oblige him. We listened to the Lions-Stampeders football game, reminded ourselves that Jon was at Resonate and Steph was blind, remarked that we were both ready for the marriage / dating / courtship talk tonight, discussed the hockey game (won over Columbus 3-2 in OT: Daniel Sedin had two goals!), and wondered at the Burger King commercials set in romantic restaurants that involved the line "You shouldn't be hungry after you've finished eating." I liked the one where the woman tells her date that she's really a man (LIE!), and he goes into a gagging fit... she's like "So you're NOT going to finish it! I'll have it then!" (there's a version with a guy telling his girlfriend / wife that he's having an affair... she has a hissy fit, and he figures that she isn't going to eat the rest of her dinner: score!) Eric thinks I can relate to that one more... uh, sure... o_O He thinks Randal is pretty quirky: yeah, probably. Can't say I've especially noticed that, heh.

Once we got to church late, we waited for our group to finish praying before we entered the basement. The group laughed at some of Pastor Edward's illustrations in his talk, and certain analogies: love as a fluffy thing?! Hahahaha! Andrea, Karen C., and a couple others had made us homemade pearl milk bubble tea / fruit / pizza / Swedish meatballs / veggies / chips and salsa, along with the return of the chocolate fondue machine! I talked to Jeremy briefly: he's going to his parents' tomorrow for the weekend, which should be good. Gave Sheena her sister Chalaine's birthday card... at least I know it'll get to her! Connie asked if we'd done anything after Dragon Ball on Sunday.. nope, we were all tired from Nathan's dinner! (she left at around 11:30, which is the latest she's stayed there)

After the talk which ended at 10:50 (way later than usual... Resonate was finished before we were - not surprising!), we congregated around the food to talk some more. Andrea and Randal did get my emails, and seemed to appreciate them... I tried talking to Randal about that in the church kitchen, but he steered the discussion to my blog in general. (Jon figures future generations will look at my blog and exclaim: "Wow, this girl took a lot of surveys!" Yeah, shush!) Meh, not a huge deal... but I'll get him on Sunday, haha. I talked to Chung and Karen S. for a little while, as well. Some of the Resonate crew (Jon, Sarah, Daniel, Isabel, Karen L., etc.) came downstairs (at the same time as the cleanup crew) to gawk at the food and the chocolate fondue machine. (that thing is really cool when it's going in a fountain!)

Stanley decided to dip a meatball in the chocolate fountain, but only after he saw Jon dip a baby carrot into it. People wanted Jon to try the broccoli, but he wanted to work his way up first. Isabel, Karen S., and Sarah thought it was kinda gross... but Eric and I know about the time he had his salad swimming in Pepsi, and the numerous other weird food combos! Jon got Connie to take a few digicam shots of his broccoli dipped in chocolate: the action shot was pretty good, haha. Then we moved on to biscotti / meatballs / wafers / cherry tomatoes... Stanley was telling us about some classroom hijinks where a teacher was playfighting with another student, heh. Jon asked us about the crux of the talk, so I gave him my notes: he got a laugh out of the seven signs of defective dating, haha. (I remember we all had different answers as to whether true friendship could exist between a man and woman, heh)

Dylan wanted to borrow Jon's laptop so he could look up stuff about Vivian's laptop, so Jon contented himself with bugging Vania and Sheena. He told me that Steph could just go along with him to the Sunday dinners, even if she wanted to actually be invited: he keeps forgetting to add Christon and Ricky to the list, while I keep forgetting to give him Jasmine's address. Oh well, all in due time! Vania wondered if I liked anyone... no, and neither does she. I don't think anyone in the Fellowship is dating except Chung and Karen, either. We bonded over maternal nagging... matchmaking in my case, and cleaning her room / the house in hers! Lesley said that she wasn't feeling well on Sunday, which is bad: she missed a good time, though!

Later, Eric looked up the football score: the Lions had beat Calgary 39-13, which is probably a good thing. I don't know much about football, but I could tell that he was happy over that. Vivian also tried to look things up on her Xanga for Dylan to see: for some reason, she couldn't find a picture of Hammy (stuffed animal pig) with her laptop! That's why I like Blogger: you can search for things by keyword, and it's come in very handy for me!

While Dylan and Jon were discussing worship team scheduling (rotation of seven instead of six?!) / prayer meeting tomorrow by the back door (we couldn't leave by the stairs to go to the FRONT door since Stanley had just cleaned the floor there), Eric T.'s mom wanted us out of the way. So we all just went home: Jon was busy writing an essay on his laptop in the car, and called Sam to confirm that he was sleeping over at Joey's. Eric said I was doing a good job of being sane, but I shouldn't go nuts over a touchdown or a full moon. Whatever you say, dude! Then again, he wouldn't be too impressed if Jon called him at 7 AM to wake him up tomorrow.. he threatened to drive us as far as we could get to the Dinsmore Bridge (which is currently closed because someone misjudged its height), heh. Petro Canada also had false advertising in their gas prices: the sign said 96.9¢ a litre, but the tank had 99.9¢ a litre like everyone else. I also apparently missed an opportunity to slam his car door shut when they dropped me off, whoops! (but then they were joking about keg parties at my place, sigh...)


Blame Teunis for these quizzes... he planted the idea in my brain! :P












The Cosmopolitan

Great Britain salutes you for scoring a staggering 80%

You have a good appreciation for what counts as real English and what does not - but you still slip up from time to time. You may not be word perfect when it comes to spelling and grammar, but at least you don't go weak-kneed at the very thought of using an "S" instead of a "Z." Your grasp of the Queen's English is certainly sufficient for you to get by in England, but don't aim for a job at Buckingham Palace just yet.










My test tracked 1 variable How you compared to other people your age and gender:
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 59% on anglopoint




Link: The Queen's English Test written by chi_the_cynic on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the The Dating Persona Test


Not too bad, heh.













Very Knowledgeable

You have 66 Islamic Knowledge!

Well done! I'm willing to bet that you have had a previous interest / experience with Muslims. If you don't know where you made mistakes, you can further educate yourself by visiting the answer-key in my journal after June 15, 2006. UPDATE: ANSWER KEY NOW AVAILABLE! GO TO MY JOURNAL! w00t!










My test tracked 1 variable How you compared to other people your age and gender:
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 23% on knowledge




Link: The Islamic Knowledge Test written by serene_safia on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the The Dating Persona Test

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home