Thursday, October 05, 2006

Lice in salmon, laser eye surgery haze, hockey wins, and white diamonds

I just talked to my sister to see how she was after her laser eye surgery on Tuesday. She says that the Thanksgiving dinner is on Sunday night, and that Vivian / a Regent person / Dallas and I are invited... I'll go for that. TURKEY and chemicals, anyone? Also, she tells me that wild salmon are contracting lice from farmed salmon when they go upriver to spawn, so the trip my mom are taking to Adams River should be an important one. Lice is thinning out the numbers of the salmon in the runs, too... yikes! This lice isn't like human lice, since fish lice is deadly! At least I'll get some reading done and not be as exhausted as I would be on the one-day trip... Steph hopes for bonding time between me and Mom, but she probably shouldn't expect much of that, har har.

Apparently, it's going to be really annoying if Steph goes out anywhere for the next week or so since she has to wear oversized sunglasses (people might think she's a prima donna!) AND put like 80 million eyedrops into her eyes every hour. Best for her to stay home and rest, since things are hazy and blurry anyhow. It's kinda better than before with her glasses, but the cells will take two weeks to rebuild: the manual tells her to be patient and NOT rub her eyes for ANY reason! Man, that's gotta be something to keep close track of. If you're like us, you rub your eyes a zillion times during the day without really knowing it!

Steph's not sure how she'll keep up with the hockey pool, since her eyes feel really strange whenever she's on the computer for more than a couple of minutes. She says Rachel, Vivian, Karen Grace, and Margaret have been by to see her: Vivian lives closest, so that makes it easier to do that kind of thing. At first, I thought Steph would be falling down the stairs like in this icon, but she says no... good thing, too! But now I know what to tell people if they ask me how Steph is, haha. Although she's kinda miffed that Jon isn't inviting her to the Sunday dinners or including her on the lists for them (he included Teunis on it!)... she was invited to the first one, but not to any of the others. She says she shouldn't have to ask, so I dunno... he just tells her that he's going out to the Sunday dinners, heh. (she made a joke about the people invited being older, but Karen's a year younger than she is... I told her about what we did at Dragon Ball and such, too!)




We won 3-1 against the Red Wings tonight! Roberto Luongo made 27 saves, and we'll see how the season goes since they have 14 new people on the team.... ah, hockey is back! :D (1-0 on the season so far...)

I also got another white diamond in Bookworm tonight: I made the word OXY by using two blue sapphire tiles (X and Y), and then used the white diamond on the word BIO because I didn't want it to get lost in a tile scramble I was planning! Yay for that! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home