Friday, September 08, 2006

Comment catch-up, not lunch! / Vania fart trauma / Jeremy knowing poo humor / Bennigan's Onion Soup

Note: The Awesome LJ Quiz of Doom / Resident LJ 4: Chain of Command / Clue LJ Style blogquizzes. (by Krystal, Amand Dubois, and Chloe)


Ah, maybe I can post something "on time" right now! Reason for all these posts at an incorrect time of day lately? It's just because I don't want to put two timestamps TOO close together in my journal... yes, I know. I'm weird and OCDL like that. ;) (I'd also like to say that I remember a boy named Travis James Laramir at camp many years ago, heh)

Reminder to self: I CAN'T AFFORD TO GO OUT FOR LUNCH TOMORROW! Well, I could since it's free... but then I'll have to take the bus home - more money spent - and wreck my plans of having the day to myself since I'm definitely not bowling! Besides, I need to seriously catch up on comments and such... bleh, I hate when I fall behind at that! (as I have twice this week already with 60+ comments on the back burner, ugh!) I can check my inbox since that's quick, but not my comments since I like responding to every single one... and when it takes a long time (an hour or more!) to get everything right in my updates pre-posting because of a maddeningly slow computer sometimes, you can see why I don't have time for comments!

I'm sure CosmicJohn will be back with his "Encyclopedia Dramatica link" responses to all my comments in the latest LJ News post, but I don't really care. Heh, and I said a few days ago that he should die... I'll downgrade that to exquisite torture on the rack. ;) (from which he could very well die anyhow, muhahaha) A comment I just left in that post reminds me: yesterday at Dragon Ball, Steph and I accidentally introduced Jeremy to our family's juvenile sense of humor. (and the other day, we were talking about farts and traumatizing Vania many years ago... the fun never stops around here :P)

Heh, I've just been reminded of the Eradicators' prank call Poo on the Porch... a senile old lady calls up her neighbors and insists that they've pooed on her porch, but then the neighbors say she's left boxes of their own stuff on their porch! Hahahaha! However, I've also been reminded of that time when my mom believed I was pregnant... yes, that's happened before. Word to the wise: staying over at your male Internet friend's house does NOT necessarily result in pregnancy, especially when you two didn't do anything which could possibly result in such a thing! o_O

Edit: Upon checking my inbox, it seems that Teunis is in for Jeremy's homemade Pho on Sunday, and could bring Jasmine if she's willing. That sounds fine, and I'll email some shake orders to Dallas as soon as I get answers... and make up my own mind, too! (no durian, though... Terrence's bubble tea was enough, thanks!) I should get Jon to add these people to his dinner email list, and eliminate the middleman.. ah, now I understand Steph's rationale with Katherine and the restaurant cheque for the grad banquet! (I'll ask him about that later, haha)


You Are Jennifer Aniston

"Girl next door" with a free spirit.
You're low-key and naturally sexy.
Since you're sweet and approachable, people are attracted to your upbeat attitude.
And even when life doesn't go your way, you always eventually turn things around.



Bennigan's Onion Soup

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 8 Preparation Time:0:00
Categories: Soups, Vegetables, Meats

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

1/2 pound Firm white onions -- sliced
1/4 cup Butter

2 tablespoons Corn oil
3 tablespoons Flour
1 quart Chicken broth
1 quart Beef broth
8 slices French bread
Swiss cheese -- shredded
Parmesan -- grated

Sauté onions in butter and oil until onions are transparent, but not well-browned. When tender, turn heat to lowest point and sprinkle with flour, stirring vigorously. Pour into Dutch oven, and stir broths in. Heat thoroughly and divide among 8 oven-proof bowls. Float a slice of bread atop each serving. Mix equal parts of cheese to smooth paste and spread over bread. Place all bowls on oven rack 4" from broiler heat, and broil until cheese melts. Serve at once. Leftover soup freezes well up to 6 months.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home