Wednesday, September 06, 2006

"We weren't hungry till we saw you eating your salad, dude!" / Karma? / Quizzes

Yesterday, Eric H. and I weren't really hungry until we saw Nathan eating his Burger King salad... go figure! o_O

I just talked to my mom on the phone... yes, Jon gave me the bag of stuff yesterday after the movie. No, we didn't do anything after the movie since Nathan was sick and we all needed to drive home / do stuff / sleep! She was surprised that I opened the salsa already, but there's enough room in the fridge for that... not sure that the amount of the stuff in my fridge rivals Eric's or Phil's place, though! Then she told me that she'd talked to Iris the travel agent ("Iris is my friend now"... sure, Mom... it's just like how Flora the waitress is your friend at the #9 restaurant!) about Chinese bus tours. Apparently, there are tours in October that go to Campbell River to see the salmon run and spawn. Sounds interesting, even if I do have to miss an Awana day for that. (reminds me, I need a ride there!)

Then she also told me that next Tuesday could be a "me" day to celebrate my birthday early. My definition of a "me" day is having time to myself, but if she's treating me for lunch and letting me use $20 of her $25 Chapters coupon (then do some shopping), I'm not going to complain THAT much! ;) She also brought up movies after dinner that day... maybe, I guess we'll see! I asked if she was going to the church dinner the next Sunday: maybe not, but my dad is. She told me to think about it like the whole church is celebrating my birthday... uh, yeah, I dunno. I can still think of better things to do on my birthday than that, but who knows... I should really call Nina at some point, maybe tonight. (only drawback is I can't really go anywhere to meet her right now) Maybe if I go to lunch with the family / some friends (and maybe do stuff later that day with people) before going to the dinner, it won't be so bad... *sigh*

Mom then told me to call her tomorrow because it's her day off: she won't be working so many hours for Mei Lin (who has the same name as Julie's friend) in a few weeks, anyhow. She says that she can treat me to wonton noodles and stuff, which is fine by me since I need to go to the bank and post office to get my debit card / bus pass stuff sorted out! I'll have to raid my coin collection again for coins that I can actually deposit in my bank account for a cheque... I could use the $10 bill in my wallet for that too, however. Eh, I guess I'll see... Mom invited me for a salmon dinner, but I'll pass on that since I can't take the bus to her place right now without using a relatively huge amount of money! (I know $2.25 isn't much, but to me right now, it is...) So I'll have to get my ID ready for the bank so they can cancel the debit card, and get $10 in cash (or more?) for the bank so I can deposit it in my checking account so the cheque I plan to mail for the replacement bus pass will go through! (maybe I can ask my mom for a stamp, but I know I have enough money for THAT too!)

Now, I don't believe in karma, but I can't help thinking that this money situation of at least the past couple months is the universe's retribution! Why, you ask? It could be punishment for thinking various uncharitable things about Stephen and HIS low money situation and how he couldn't spend any money on me, even though he was going out to restaurants / smoking cigars / playing poker with his friend Kevin! (although I didn't think anything bad about his being in serious debt!) But as I told Nathan yesterday, I know God is looking out for me since all three things I lost are relatively easy to replace, and it's not like someone stole my wallet and stuff with all my ID in it... ID theft is a big concern these days, for sure!


I had to laugh out loud when I saw the "bathroom habits" quiz below... it comes from being raised in my family! ;)

Guys Think You're Hard to Get

You're the furthest thing from easy.
You're proper, reserved, and maybe even a little shy.
While you don't need a mini skirt and high heels to attract Mr. Right, being a little more flirty couldn't hurt.
A sexy top or little smile may encourage new guys to approach you - and you'll still come off as a nice girl.



What Your Bathroom Habits Say About You

You are very independent and self-centered. You don't solve other people's problems - and you don't expect them to solve yours.

Your idea of fashion is jeans and a t-shirt. Clean, if you're lucky.

You have the perfect blend of confidence and class. You're proud of who you are - but you don't broadcast it.

In relationships, you are practical and realistic. You have a romantic side, but you only let it out when it's appropriate.













What will happen on the first day of school?
QuizGalaxy.com
• Ruth will come to school wearing only a potato sack and say 'don't ask.'
• Trevor will jam you in the eye with a pen when you ask to borrow one
• Aneil will show how out of shape they are in gym class
• Fraser will invite you to be their alter-ego superhero sidekick
• Christina will try to make out with you because they are drunk

'What will happen on the first day of school?' at QuizGalaxy.com












Take this quiz at QuizGalaxy.com


The ironic thing about this result? I don't even HAVE a cell phone! :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home