Saturday, September 23, 2006

Blood everywhere! / Boston Chicken Squash

As usual, I was running late tonight... but thank goodness Eric was at my door, haha. Once we got into the car, I warned him that I wasn't in my best mood... but then proceeded to go crazy as TEAM 1040 was discussing the Canucks' preseason game in Anaheim. (which we lost 5-1!) He bugged me about my new age, and I told him that I'd kill him if he mentioned my being a man again, which he thought I was being sensitive about: damn right I am! He thought that I needed to take some medicine which wasn't Advil so I'd be less of a crazy woman... I dunno about that! :P Although he was right about my being angry / pissed off... I told him that he didn't really want to know WHY, however! Once we got to church, I went to eat some Pho: Hunter saw me there and said hi as he was heading out, so that was cool.

Afterwards, I went to the church basement (narrowly forgetting my long shirt vest at Pho) since I thought I'd see my sister. She presented me with Part 3 (and the final part) of my birthday gift: a huge plush toy dragon thing which I could wrap around my neck like a scarf, as Sheena pointed out. Isabel had seen those somewhere, and Michelle and Janette loved it! Steph told me that my group was next door, which I vaguely recalled from the email. So I went there and explained the dragon to Jeremy and Eric, who got a laugh out of it. (Vivian thought Steph had given it to me earlier, and I was just bringing it to show people... "You're STILL getting presents for your birthday?! Man! Where are those pictures? I'll just look on your blog... it's easier that way.")

Bible Study was okay (Kevin thought the print in my new personalized Bible was small - I agree!), up until we discussed where to go next week. As I thought, it would be in Richmond... but it's at the Mad Greek restaurant very near my house, and I *just* had Greek food (at the Trocadero) on my birthday! Petty, I know... but I'm going to take advantage of my bad mood. ;) (Randal suggested Earl's at Lansdowne Mall, and Vivian suggested Japanese food NOT at Richmond Sushi... man, I wish I'd gone with those!) I know I'm being unreasonable by thinking that I don't care about Billy and Stella LOVING Greek food (thankfully, I didn't SAY anything about that), but it's my hormones and I'm not responsible! :P (I said I could walk to the restaurant once we figured a location out since Karen Choo was originally going to drive me, but Andrea said she'd pick me up... whatever works!)

After I went to the washroom, Eric asked me about some blood on my shirt. I thought he was lying, especially when he joked about my murdering the landlord: "There are many reasons to do so - they turned the heat off, they messed up your toilet..." Thank goodness Jeremy didn't say anything... I dunno what I'd have done if he DID! He did give me a grin while banging on the drumset, heh... that was cool. When we got to church, Eric tried convincing me that what he said was TRUE and that it was quite noticeable... so I got him to hold my stuff while I went to the bathroom to check it out. Yeah, it was true... it was on my "Yes! I am totally out of control!" vest, but not on my "POISON!" shirt! (that was the one good thing, since I'd just washed that one this afternoon!) =/

I must have looked pretty pissed off when I came out of the bathroom, because Eric asked if I believed him now... yes, I did. With a few muffled angry sounds (I was at church, remember), I stuffed the vest into my backpack. Then we went upstairs since Steph's group wasn't done yet. I confirmed with Henry that he'd pick me up around 3 tomorrow, accepted one bag of Nai Chiu's chips (which he dropped on the floor), and had to give Jeremy a little smile when he told me: "Leslie, I hate to break the news to you... but you have SNAKES ON YOUR SHIRT!!!" Haha, I know that! (if I was feeling better, I'd have laughed outright!) Then Eric told me that my undershirt was longer than my shirt, just like it was a few weeks ago... uh, that's not my fault, haha! (at least it was only a tiny bit longer, rather than the inch it had been last time!) Dylan, Karen, Vivian, and others were going to the Congee Noodle House afterwards (Jeremy got a ride home from them)... we declined because of Steph and wanting to go home ourselves!

Then we talked to Christon, Karen Lew, Daniel, Michelle, Anthony (who wanted Anita T. to find him on her birthday card), Danielle, Citrus, Cindy, Cordia, Ryan, Karen Grace, Steph, and Margaret. Eric recognized Cordia's piano playing as something from FINAL FANTASY 7, and was bemused when Steph / Karen Grace / Margaret constantly tried touching each others' calves! Both Sheena and Cindy asked about my party, which was nice of them. Cindy told me and Eric that she didn't quite have a cold, but it was still kind of annoying... otherwise, she's busy with stuff!

The ride home was filled with references to gas stations, the Greek dinner (Eric's group is playing pool), suggesting that I eat before going to dinner / ordering something smaller or different because of the expense and relative Greek food overdose, blood / guts / gore / dismemberment, love, discreetly getting a cake for 10 people (Danielle can't since she'll be in PoCo all day), leaving Awana early (of *course* I'll tell Auntie Vivian... I should also tell Henry too!), my butt, my "not answering the phone" (I don't like how it sounds!), and such. I'm just apologizing to Eric for having to hear certain things (even if he's known us for 20 years), not because he doesn't have those things! Haha, good times. (Corey's also looking for Danzig stuff that's been mislabeled... eep!) I decided to wash the shirt with a bunch of other stuff in cold water... when I called to tell my sister that, she and my mom both seemed amazed that I knew to wash it in cold water. Uh, I may not know a lot of things, but I *do* know THAT much! :P In fact, I just took my clothes out of the dryer (two loads of laundry today, ugh!), and the blood is gone even though some items are still damp. I don't know WHY they're damp... but if they're that way because someone grew tired of the noise while they were trying to sleep, and stopped the dryer in mid-cycle... I'll KILL!


Boston Chicken Squash

Categories: Copycat, Vegetables
Yield: 6 servings

2 Butternut squash; halve, long, remove seeds
Margarine or butter
Salt
1/2 cup Brown sugar; packed
1/2 cup Honey
1/2 teaspoon Ground ginger
1 teaspoon Pumpkin pie spices
4 tablespoons Butter or margarine; melted

Preheat oven to 400°. Place squash cut-side down on Pam-sprayed shallow baking pan. Bake uncovered about 45 minutes or until fork tender. Wipe cut surface with a little butter and sprinkle with salt. Return to bake cut-side up about 10 minutes longer or until browned and soft. Scrape out the meat into a mixing bowl. Add sugar, honey, ginger, pumpkin pie spice, and butter. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Return to oven, covered in foil, just to keep warm until time to serve, 325 for 30 minutes. Refrigerate leftovers for about a week or freeze up to 4 months.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home