Thursday, September 21, 2006

Toilet problems, again! / Carpools to Citrus' place, anyone?

How appropriate that I'm listening to MOJO in the Morning's Towel Street Scam now... :OO: (this radio station dude takes advantage of Holiday Inn's towel amnesty day and shows up there in nothing but a towel, haha!)

Right now, I don't like my toilet. It wasn't flushing earlier, which I connected to the water maintenance being done today. But when it still failed to flush at 6, I poured some water in the toilet tank since the water level was really low, then tested flushing it a while later. That worked, but I may have jostled a chain or something in there since the bathroom and I promptly got sprayed with toilet water! (ewww, it's a good thing I have an extra white pouf since I don't want to use the purple one with toilet water on it!) I spent some time wiping up the impromptu flood, then attempted to call the assistant manager: apparently, she's changed her number! So then after reducing the amount of spray and complaining about it to Corey, I slipped a note into her mailslot. Hopefully, she gets that! Yes, I've put towels on the floor to absorb any water spills... they're damp now!

Then Eric got online to ask what my preferred email address is. After that, he insisted that I loved my toilet, and said that I was overanalyzing his question: "it's not as complicated as your relationship with your toilet, and I have now resolved your hate issues with it!" Uh, I don't think so! He sent an email about carpooling to Citrus' place, and then bugged me to answer the phone or his message about leading worship tomorrow / being at church early. When I got back from my shower, I told him where I'd been, and he thought I should come up with a more believable excuse! (aiya... that guy is lucky that I love him like a brother! :P )

He then figured that I disappeared every time he mentioned being at the church early tomorrow, since I was busy typing stuff the next time he asked about it and didn't answer right away. Not true, my friend! So then I checked my email, and found a few pictures from Tuesday night courtesy of both Randal (poor quality camera phone pics) and Steph that they'd emailed to everyone. Picture post to come, then! I also found email from Eric and Steph about the carpooling thing: Steph wants to leave by midnight since she has to (help) lead worship on Sunday, and doesn't want to sleep in. I answered by backing up Steph's assertion that I had AWANA and needed a ride from church at around 6 on Saturday. Eric said that he'd call me around 6:20 tomorrow and let me know for sure what time I'd have to be out. Good idea! (I think Citrus' birthday card - and the ones for both Anitas - will be late since Jon won't get a chance to sign 'em... or not, heh)

I guess I should be grateful that the darn toilet even flushes... o_O


Edit: Hester and her husband came to see what was wrong with the toilet not more than an hour after I dropped a note into their mailslot! They said to call next time this happened... well, I tried, and got someone saying that it was the wrong number! Apparently, it isn't... most weird. They also discussed stuff in a Chinese dialect that I can't understand at all, and figured that the pipe was kinda broken before, but not now. He asked if the note was mine, then connected the black thing somewhere else when I'd flushed the toilet to demonstrate where the leak was, but didn't wait till it had finished flushing! Aiyoh... at least it's fixed now! I guess I'll be doing laundry tomorrow / on the weekend... I could do it right now, but I'm too tired. :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home