Wednesday, August 23, 2006

This is what drugs do to you...

Just before Steph left to go sleep over at Vivian's, she told me that she'd eliminate the middleman and just drop that restaurant cheque in Katherine's box at church on Thursday night at prayer meeting. I told her that she didn't trust me, haha. Eric then made a comment about how I'd just had some beer and was going for her skin... yeah sure! Then Nathan told us that he loved weiners... I remarked that the comment could be SO taken the wrong way! (when you've been repressed, you're really dirty!) She also gave me a birthday card from Erin, who'll be away at L'Arche when my birthday comes around... it's true that I never miss hers! Aww, so nice!

I then tried getting Steph to sign Eric's birthday card since she'll be in Mexico next weekend when I intend to give it to him, but she wanted to put thought into it... hey, I like giving cards early when I can, but FINE! Make me break my streak! I'll just give him his present instead at that time, haha. (we also talked about Jeremy taking the 430 bus from Metrotown, and how Translink planning is on crack: no New Westminster, and no taking five buses to get here!) Jeremy looked at an OLD family picture, and noticed Steph's fro... yup, she had that kinda thing going on as a kid!

We then watched REQUIEM FOR A DREAM, which we expected to be heavy. The montages with the drugs and veins and eyes were cool, and the music was certainly appropriate. Acting was great, but I don't think I want to see that NASTY infection again! Jon wondered if the effects of caffeine pills were really like those portrayed in the movie: according to certain conversations that Jeremy has overheard at Granville and Broadway, the movie's accurate. At least the movie had a happy ending, even if it was in the mind of a schizophrenic old lady! ("I want to wear my red dress and be on television!") Heroin, stripping, sex for money, caffeine pills... it's all there!

We all left after discussing TRAFFIC, WALLACE & GROMMIT, LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL ("it's as happy as you can get inside a concentration camp... yay!"), taking three Tylenol 3 pills with vodka (but not really... talk about drug abuse!), and other movies. Nathan drove me and Jeremy home: we listened to the SAVED BY THE BELL theme song, CAPTAIN PLANET ("it's Nathan's happy therapy from addictions counselling!"), bands which exclusively do theme songs from movies, and Weird Al's YOU'RE PITIFUL. Haha, I love that song! (I told them about the "let's get romantic, baby, and have a one-night-stand" line in that country song as well) When I got home, I had an email from Elaine: turned out that Frances did mail her the card, so she thanked me for it and said that she's coming home to visit in October. Sounds good! Now I'm just discussing the movie and such with Corey, though I should go to bed since I have errands to run tomorrow before certain things close at like 4 PM! (ugh... so early!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home