Sunday, August 20, 2006

Bon's, roasting, cookies, groceries, pig's ears, and lyrics translations

Breakfast at Bon's was pretty good: we listened to Monster Magnet's SPACE LORD on the way over, plus some Hillsongs which we analyzed as a low verse with a really high chorus. Mom would be horrified at the Monster Magnet, haha. We talked about the grad banquet tomorrow night, Jen's blog, Splashdown Park / Nina / sushi yesterday, David's grandfather (we noticed him there), Jeremy's dinner tonight (Steph isn't going because of packing for Mexico / organizing the grad banquet), and some other stuff. Erin was surprised when the person who signed her up for L'Arche told her that people hook up through it, heh. Steph has to roast Erin tomorrow, and the expectations are high. Jon found out that Nathan (and Eric?) are roasting him because he was over at Nathan's and his Outlook Express was open on his computer, so he looked through the email subject lines. (it's a tradition to use Nathan's computer when we're over!) Apparently, Citrus and Danielle are roasting Cordia... Steph thinks that's not good because it should be someone her own age who knows all the quirks and secrets, like Quan and Joyce!

Went back to church, where we talked to Jen and Dawn for a bit before going in. Then I talked to Phil and Jeremy before service started. I gave Rosenda her birthday card on the way to the washroom mid-sermon (it's the Bon's grease!)... I should have taken Joshua's card with me as well, but thought it would be kinda lame to go back halfway out of the sanctuary. Oh well, maybe next week! (the kid won't know the difference!) Afterwards, Terry thanked me for the birthday card: as I thought, he was surprised! I talked to Jeremy, Julie, Anthony, and others: Ivan's donating to the Darfur cause! After a while, I went around to the front: Hannah, Natalie, Priscilla, and Julie were selling three blueberry muffins or two chocolate chip cookies for $1 each. Since it was for the church fundraising and the kids are so cute, nobody could resist!

After the toddler Sunday School, I went outside and talked to Dianne for a bit about the heat: despite what Corey says about Colorado (or his ex in Arizona), it IS hot here compared to those places because THEY have air-con everywhere! :P Darren was on crutches because he fell while playing basketball: he was also looking for a notary public because of legal documents about Mexico, so maybe Karen Choo fills the bill, heh. He decided to let his sister Erin and me hold his crutches for him... Auntie Kam saw me a bit later, and wondered what had happened to me! No, the crutches weren't mine since I was holding them for someone! Dallas arrived and asked Dianne whether she and her sister Cindy were twins... they don't look anything alike! Jon, Eric, Jeremy, Sheena, and Cindy came up later. We talked about where the Flamingo restaurant was, and what time the grad banquet was slated to start: 6 is earlier than we thought, but okay. Eric said I'd have to find someone else to take me then... fair enough!

The guys discussed lunch and their grocery list for tonight: gin / beer/ watermelon / Gouda cheese from the house, shallots, lime, lemon, white wine, cream, mussels, celery, free-range chicken (they got two for $25 at the Exotic Pacific Meats place), tarragon, and other things. Maybe Mom has stuff in her fridge, heh. I went home with Steph and Eric, and was random in the car: purple sausages, birds plucking things from foreheads, etc. Steph regretted giving me coffee, haha. At home, Steph and I had picked cucumbers / carrots, celery / broccoli / carrots with tabasco sauce from Friday, and pig's ears for lunch: perfect to counteract the greasy breakfast! If we had dim sum for lunch, we'd be totally dead! I asked her if Sam was going tomorrow, and she said he was: I called him and after telling him that some Daniel meeting at Nathan's was cancelled because of the grad banquet, he said that he could drive me... ride's secured at 5:30, so that's cool! Now the guys are back: they ended up having the leftovers from the seniors' lunch instead. All the grandmas were like "Eat! Eat!" Ah, good times. :D (apparently, Eric's picking me up later at 6 since Jon and Dallas are going grocery shopping soon)









Down in it
You scored 40% on the NIN Engrish Lyrics Test!
You did not do so great, but you didn't suck.







My test tracked 1 variable How you compared to other people your age and gender:










free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 99% on ninniness
Link: The Engrish NIN Lyrics Test written by glamburglar on OkCupid, home of the 32-Type Dating Test










You scored 50%
Thanks for playing. I could tell you what your particular score means, but I don't think it really means anything. I also could have written more questions, but I've discovered that translating Beatles lyrics into Japanese and back is a pretty tedious activity. But whatever your score, remember- everyone is a winner for playing.







My test tracked 1 variable How you compared to other people your age and gender:










free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 14% on variable 1
Link: The Beatles lyrics in japanenglish Test written by briabb on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the 32-Type Dating Test

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home