Thursday, July 27, 2006

Only 5 more years to give birth?! / Teaching English to my mom can be amusing! / Durian gelato

Apparently, my mom thinks I only have 5 more years to give birth. o_O What the heck... just because SHE finished having kids at 35 doesn't mean anything about ME. (not like I'll get married or anything)

The lunch today with Justin's grandma was all right... I spent most of my time talking to my brother about stuff like Dave and Tiffany, what I packed for Summer Conference, his plans to go to Dix for wings and beer tonight (I declined his invite for now in part because I have no actual cash... apparently Brian might come out with Jeremy and Nathan), going to Earl's yesterday after the fireworks (transit was really bad!), Benny / Anthony / Mike getting baptized (I'm not a gossip hound, since I heard it from Mike himself!), Ryan C., what we were talking about before he arrived at church on Sunday, etc.

I told him that I'd seen this LJ post in the Vancouver community about the environmental impact of the fireworks: we both agreed that people leaving their dirty diapers on the beach is pretty disgusting! (we'd at least wrap it up in something and put it in the garbage bins, but maybe that's just us...) Afterwards, we went to the church to pick up some stuff my mom needs for tomorrow: the megaphone impressed Dylan last year! Then we went to some Chinese supermarket to see if we could find certain items, which they didn't have. However, they DID have durian gelato and little durian magnets! (I told Jon to get a magnet for Jeremy, so he did... I also told him that Jeremy had told me about his durian plan for the fireworks: good times!)

Mom told me that I could go with Auntie Ruby to the conference since she has seats free and it might be easier for me than my busing.. so maybe I'll call her office when I'm finished this update. Apparently, I'll get to go with Audrey, whom I haven't talked to in some time. (it's kinda stressful to pack and get out of my comfort zone, but maybe it'll be good!)

Teachng Mom English can be amusing sometimes!

Mom: *says something that's an oxymoron*
Me: o_O That's certainly an oxymoron, eh?
Jon: Yeah, it definitely is.
Mom: What? A moron?
Me: No, Mom... an OXYmoron. That's different.
Mom: What's that?
Jon: It's kinda like two opposite things mentioned together, like what you just said.
Mom: Oh, I thought she was talking about morons! Because she is one.
Me and my brother: .... um...
Mom: She's difficult to get along with... isn't that a moron?
Jon: No, Mom. A moron is someone who's really dumb and stupid.
Mom: Are you sure? I thought it was like someone who scolds everyone!
Me: We're not making it up!


I also caught up on blogs just now since I won't really have a chance to do so this weekend. Jen wrote about her paid-for dinner at a partner meeting (some girl really looked awesome even when pregnant!), and Vivian posted a picture of a Roots watch and is looking forward to Summer Conference even as her school registration is all screwed up (she HATES her new schedule!). Spoz has more weekender photos up (too much beer at Governor Hindmarsh and other assorted venues watching the Tony Font Show and other bands), and Steph doesn't like Manchester United's new jerseys. She likes Chelsea's much better, even if she hates the team... she even posted pictures, and hopes the Canucks also gets new ones to replace their current ugly crop! She figures the hardest time to be a Christian is when she's playing sports: boys need an outlet of some sort, and she's never letting her sons ever play in a "church league" at all. Like, ever!


You Are 36% Brutally Honest

Honesty is nice, but only when it's convenient. You'd rather be nice than honest.
You figure it's important to be honest about the big stuff, but little lies never hurt anyone!


Edit: According to Auntie Stella (Tracy's mom and one of the receptionists there), Dr. Ruby can take me to the camp! Yay, I can sleep in / reduce the stress level by a bit! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home