Friday, April 28, 2006

Dream about Karen having a remotely controlled Armageddon chip inside her nose

I did the responsible thing and paid my bills.. not that I make a habit of not paying my bills for whatever reason, but it feels good to know that it's over with for another month, heh. Now I know just how much money I have for the rest of the month, barring something else happening. :D


When I finally got to sleep last night, I had a weird dream. All my friends and I were in this other bubble world where there were many shiny distractions. We were having a lot of fun just hanging around and talking, when suddenly Karen Chan said that she had something important to tell us. It turns out that my mom, being evil, had implanted a tiny remote-control computer chip inside her nose that would activate Armageddon / the end of that world as we knew it. We recognized the R.E.M. / Great Big Sea reference, and sympathized for her... she would of course die if and when that chip was activated. At the same time, we all knew it wasn't her fault.. there was nothing we could really do about it, although we tried finding solutions to no avail.

A while later, some of us were trying to track down my mom when the inevitable happened: our world was rocked by a huge explosion! Immediately, there were people running and crying everywhere. My sister and I went around the various floors, guided by a remote voice on our side. We got to the seventh floor and discovered that everyone there had gotten out alive and we wanted to follow them too! First, we had to have a showdown with our mom... so we got a bunch of our allies together and managed to eliminate the threat to the world's sanity. ;)

Afterwards, we got out of there and met Eric H. and his sister (whom I've never met in real life) at a bookstore. We wanted to go through the books there, but had to get somewhere to have a bath and change first. (eliminating threats is dirty work, y'know!) Once in a bathroom, we found orangey-brown insects in the bathtub... that kinda freaked us out! We managed to kill them and clean the tub before we did anything else. After that, we went to the bookstore and spent lots of time just browsing through all the books, especially the puzzle / non-fiction ones available. There was this BIG THICK hardcover book with at least 2000 pages, which looked like a comprehensive dictionary dimensions-wise. It was really a book on kids, adoption, and their stories. We figured nobody would buy the book simply because of the sheer size of it, but we found out that Erica bought it and had her brother bring the truck over to transport the book. (in real life, they have a car... although I've heard they have a truck too) The dream ended when we had drinks somewhere and tried to process everything. o_O


Weird stuff... I can see where the last part of the dream comes from, sorta: / reading about Eric H., books, insects, kids, and adoption seems to do it for my subconscious! Reminds me of the time when I had dreams of Dave and me surviving a bomb explosion inside a mall set by an Eliza Dushku lookalike. Then, I knew what the "repressed emotions coming to the surface in a forceful and violent manner" were about. (Stephen, although he tried to comfort me after the dream by "holding me tightly," har har) Now, I dunno.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home