Friday, April 28, 2006

"To the Fifth Dimension we shall go... your dreams have become solid!"

As soon as Eric picked me up tonight, he started in on how my dreams had become reality and how everyone in the world now had a nose chip. He kept saying how I should count backwards from 100 and save the world by entering the Fifth Dimension and returning to my dream in order to remove said nose chips. We went to his workplace (I went crazy over the change in scenery :P) where he retrieved his lunch bag from the fridge. Over the past two weeks, he's forgotten about lunch and thought there were only two meals in the day. Then he made it my responsibility to make sure he didn't forget to retrieve it from the church fridge after Fellowship, since my Bible Study group usually ends earlier than his... um, sure. o_O

He asked whether I was an oyster, because only certain people had pearls in them, and the pearl would show in their behavior. (or something like that) Then he insisted that I look up "breen" on Wikipedia when I got home: here's the article on a STAR TREK species... I knew a Ruth Breen in high school, too. He also thought that I'd digitized / embedded the smell of cow manure (since we smelled some) into everyone's nose chips... there's no way I would do that, so he thought I paid someone else to do it. Not quite, dude...

Eric asked whether I had the Joker implanted in my brain since I cackled a lot: nope! Then he asked whether I'd had a sour jellybean since one of my responses was sour.. that, or I wanted to stick jellybeans up everyone's nose to implant nose chips. I gave him a sour face in response, but he said that he saw a smile.. I wish I could repress the amusement reflex, heh. At church, he asked whether I was allergic to pollen since he had plenty on his knapsack and could make me sneeze: I thought he said "falling," and responded "Of course not!" Later, I learned that he's going to that conference on Mother's Day weekend.. no backup for me, which is probably a good thing since it also coincides with my mom's birthday and she'd be pissed off if I didn't do anything for it with her. (but I did buy her a card and book... hehehe)

During Bible Study, the group talked about judging Christians for what they did. There were a few things that professing Christians could do which would make us not associate with them anymore: allowing non-Christians to lead Bible Study (a problem which has arisen in the past with our Fellowships), being homosexual (Kevin says his supervisor is a deacon in a gay church downtown), cheating on someone in a relationship, etc. It was a cool discussion... afterwards, we figured out what to do next week for the Bible Study outing. For some reason, Billy and Karen left it up to ME what we should do: I guess because I'd be coming from Richmond. As it was, we decided on the Cactus Club near Lansdowne at 8 next Friday, then maybe we'd go for dessert later at some bubble tea house Billy found. Fine with me... I'll leave here by 7:20 to hopefully get there by 8-ish! Active stuff isn't my thing for some reason.. they could hang out here too, but there isn't much for them to do!

Before Eric and I went home (some of the others were going to eat at Earls), Janette said that it was nice talking to me on MSN, and that she made the same mistakes all the time about talking to people whom she didn't intend to start any conversations with! (her font color isn't pink... it's LAVENDER!) I also called Sam for a ride tomorrow, while Eric insisted that I shouldn't be allowed on the phone because of nose chip issues: he can pick me up, so that's good! On the way home, Eric insisted that my dreams had become solid reality like David Lister in RED DWARF. He thought that I was totally responsible for what my subconscious dreamed, no matter how much I protested that I couldn't control it. Then he brought up the "O RLY?" internet slang since I said "Oh really?" a lot in response to his weirdness: he said all he needed was a picture of me and Paint. I brought up Photoshop, and he said that his skills there were limited. He said that he didn't have any pictures of me, but that maybe he could use the drunk picture my sister emailed us after we went to Milestones that time after church. ("drunken dragon... I thought you'd like the directory name!" indeed)

I saw a license plate with "ELL" on it, and told him that it was a word. However, I also said that I'd have to get it on Bookworm for the definition of what it meant, though. ("a measure for cloth") Then he said that I should know the word to describe someone who read a lot.. maybe literary something-or-other, or a word patterned after "herbivore / omnivore / carnivore." Couldn't remember it to save my life, which he claimed it was dependent on. He told me that his group was going to Korean BBQ and hanging out at Phil's next week... hanging out is good! Then he brought up many BLACKADDER references, and asked whether I'd heard of it... vaguely! As he dropped me off, he doubted my protestations of sanity: "Only the insane people think they're sane, you know! I think you're crazy!" Hey, I think HE's crazy too... so at least we're even!


Note: LJ friends as game consoles blogquiz, by Sam.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home