Thursday, April 27, 2006

Power button, using my bad Chinese skills, cottage cheese, firings, and insects in clothing

Note to self: Hold power button DOWN for a few seconds while restarting the computer. Corey says he told me this, but I don't remember... and I can't be bothered to look through Trillian history, heh.

I have bad Chinese skills; however, even my grandma will tell you that at least I speak / understand more Chinese than my brother does. (I still remember when she told me that my brother had responded "Thank you!" to a comment she'd made about sleeping in his bed now that he was gone... aiya!) But I was able to use the skills and make myself understood at the store today... twice, even! :P

I was a doofus and forgot a quarter for my cart, so had to ask Barry for one. While putting the things from the basket into the cart (having picked up two graduation cards for Corey and my brother on the way), this old Chinese lady asked me if I knew where the eggs were. (or rather, "Do they sell eggs around here?") So I showed her, and received thanks for that. Then when I was checking out, the clerk thought I spoke / understood more Chinese than I actually do, so was speaking Chinese to me throughout the transaction. I found that kind of amusing, haha.

I should also stay away from the microwaveable meals (so convenient, and I have coupons!) and the ice cream. You'd think I wouldn't buy them in the quantities I did, but things happen. Then again, I also stocked up on fruit / pudding / oolong tea / noodles / soup / juice / yogurt / cottage cheese with fruit. (it's been ages since I had cottage cheese, so I want to see if it's as weird as I remember) I bought some egg rolls: darn if they're in a container I can't open well with a knife! For some reason, I thought they wouldn't be that way... sigh. Maybe next time Eric H. comes over: I'm kinda getting worried about him since I haven't seen him online in some time. Perhaps I'll shoot him an email or something soon... at least I stayed away from the temptation to buy the (latest) Bathroom Readers for myself and a few other people! :P

Marc Crawford's holding a press conference about his firing now, heh. Thanked a lot of people and offered his public opinion on things. I guess it's not a teary one, which is good. :)


With this post done, it's off to do laundry. (EW... insects in clothing, EW!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home