Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Hanging out with Teunis.. books, words, and language... oh my! / Shakespeare and such

I spent a nice afternoon / evening with Teunis today. We discussed programming servers and code, some rather interesting stories about his time in Fort St. John and other places, books (Chapters and Tanglewood Books... a used book store two blocks away), food (we ate at a place around Nathan's), Cthulhu, Jamie, humor, biographies, Shakespeare, sexual analysis, toilets, Jasmine, BEOWULF, Old English, Bathroom Readers, art, words, Richmond, family, bakeries (the Bon Ton was closed), restaurants (Bon's and the grease smell / Boston Pizza raising prices / Memphis Blues / White Spot / Chinese / Thai / Vietnamese food / Denny's), various frustrations and stress, money, language, his cool-sounding friends (like this one dude with an impressive sword collection and a mace!), comics, Kakuro, Sudoku, and other such interesting subjects. :D

He seemed to really like the birthday card I chose for him from the pile I bought last week: it featured someone in a Vader-like mask trying not to be "blinded" by the light from the many candles on a birthday cake, haha! I think I shocked him by finding his name in the 4th edition of THE BABY NAME COUNTDOWN, haha! If you can find names like Curry and Downy, why not Teunis even if it IS out of common usage? ;)

There were way too many tempting books for us at the bookstores we went to, but I decided not to spend any more money (he bought ONE book he couldn't resist, heh). I could have easily bought a lot of storybooks, Tintin (he wants to collect all the books someday, and says Hergé was quite the character), humor books, true crime books, and more! He mentioned a book that his ex left behind since it scared her so much: turns out to be EVIL WOMEN, one that I was eyeing last summer at Oakridge. I'd be up for borrowing it, if I lent him one of mine in return, heh.

I noticed a game at Chapters called LOADED QUESTIONS. Out of curiosity, I checked the back of the box to see what it was about. Ten seconds later, I decided that even if I had the money, I'd never buy it. They somehow managed to misspell the word "calendar." *rolleyes* (and here Teunis thought my objection to the game involved revolutionizing my social calendar and other such stuff!)

It was a cool hangout, as Eric H. would say... it helped that I got home by 8:40! Now I must get to catching up! Oh, and I'm currently convincing Corey that I have more than one cool Internet friend... "We didn't hang out today because I just went to school," hahaha! As long as he counts as being cool, he says... sure he does! :D Although if I have to convince him that Teunis and I didn't do any, er, naughty things... he may be off that list for a bit! :P

Facts About Multiples has been updated again.. I really like this new look! For anyone who doesn't know, I've been interested in multiple births since I was a kid.

Note: LJ Lust and Depravity blogquiz, by Georgie.


Romeo
47% Intellectual, 58% Impetuous, and 58% Trusting

Oh dear, you are probably quite pleased with this result and you really shouldn't be. You are an unreflective hothead, always following your heart in mad pursuit of what you want without caring in the least that you are getting yourself into all kinds of trouble. Quick to love,
quick to hate, you make all of your decisions on instinct and are quite proud of that fact. But then it comes as a surprise to you when things blow up in your face. On the off chance you're not already aware of what life holds in store for you, read this for a quick reminder...

Your Intellectual score was low because you never use what little good sense you've been given. Every decision is made from and out of pure emotion, and even though you know this, you don't care. In fact, you are actually quite proud of the fact that emotion and
instinct are your guiding principles and openly scoff at people who use their heads: "overthinking" you call it... but notice how much more stable their lives are...

To make matters worse, you also scored high for Impetuous: so not only do you allow your emotions to guide you, you make these decisions in a moment. You rarely learn from your mistakes.

Finally, you are Trusting of others to the point of child-like naivete. You give your heart and faith to people instantly and passionately and never really think for a moment that this trust might be misplaced. Authority figures have a tremendous sway over you, and you rarely question their opinions.

If you are ever going to get out of the scrapes that you keep getting into, you are going to have to stop thinking that there's something wonderfully romantic about making snap decisions based purely on instinct and emotion. It is good that you find it easy to trust
people and confide in them, because you are going to need a lot of help from your friends if you are going to survive. Before deciding on a dangerous course of action, seek out solid advice from people a bit more reflective than yourself -- and get that advice from more than one person so you can compare and decide amongst the best courses of action: don't just go with the opinion of the first authority figure you ask.




My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 46% on Intellectual
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 65% on Impetuous
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 46% on Trusting
Link: The Shakespearean Tragic Hero Test written by Fordim on Ok Cupid, home of the 32-Type Dating Test

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home