Saturday, March 11, 2006

"Don't tempt me with your ice cream... I'm Lenting chocolate!"

When Sam picked me up, we discussed his bad midterm yesterday... hopefully it isn't as bad as he thinks! He asked me whether my sister was curling then: I think so, even if she tried to steal a bunch of the Awana leaders on gospel meeting day! Mike had called him earlier wanting a ride since his dad was off somewhere and his mom was still in Hong Kong for some reason or other. We hope she's not there for a bad / big reason, since usually it IS like that if our parents go off there! Then we got into our grandparents dying there, and our parents having to fly out for funeral-type stuff... yes, we're morbid and oh-so-cheerful on our way to Awana to help with the kiddies! Sam called Joey to get him to tell Melia that we'd be late since we had to pick Mike up: turns out that he and Emily were stuck because of a car accident!

Sam tried honking twice when we got to Mike's since that's what he'd said to do, but no luck. He needs a louder horn since Mike didn't hear a thing! Mike referred to himself in the third person when he mentioned that he'd get his first / a new cell phone: supposedly, he can use his mom's while she's in Hong Kong. However, he doesn't want to because it has a flowery case. That set off a round of jokes from me and Sam about ha customized case and his next birthday card being pink and having flowers / (edible) sprinkles / rainbows all over it, especially the gay kind of rainbows! (the "gay rainbow" symbol) Mike can handle pink, and he can handle rainbows as long as it's not the gay rainbows! When I told him that his next birthday card would be oh-so-flowery with stickers and such, he told me deadpan that he was looking SO forward to it, haha.

After Awana, someone brought Breyer's ice cream with chocolate in it out of the freezer and tried tempting Emily with it while Sarah ate sushi and the rest of us ate taro wafers. Emily's Lenting chocolate this year, so refused to give in to Mike's chocolate-themed goading. (all in good fun, like Sam saying that he'd Lented specific types of alcohol last year) Joey is Lenting candy, but broke it twice already! I told them that my brother was Lenting beer this year, and had Lented Pho last year... and bubble tea the year before that. (Lenting = giving things up for Lent) We discussed how long Lent was, and listened to Tina singing something from a Korean show. Isabel thought she could be the high school Idol, haha. However, Emily's school has no school spirit since something gets cancelled every month due to lack of participation. =/

From there, Sam and I were off to pick up his mom from work. We had to wait for more than 20 minutes, so we napped for 10 or so minutes. After that, we were watchful and placed a couple of phone calls to her to see when exactly she was coming out! She finally came out at 7:10-ish and rewarded us with Chinese crackers. I think I'll have sugar overload since I had some cake earlier, then those crackers, and now a fried chicken dinner with a brownie. Ah well, as long as I'm not too hyper since I need my sleep tonight!

Melissa emailed me back about those Chinese restaurant menu translations: yes, they were most amusing! I'm going to forward it to the Awana group once Melia emails us a reminder about next week's Rorheim Vision Conference! (the kids get a break, but we don't!) Sam joked that he and I were coming because Mike was, and Mike said that it was the first time everything depended on him! It's more like Mike and I are coming because Sam is, haha. (he's our ride, just like Mary and Winnie's moms are their rides!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home