Saturday, March 11, 2006

Dude, I am not sitting on your tape / hand cream / Kleenex box!

Eric tried getting me to sit on a tape, a tube of hand cream, and his Kleenex box when he finally showed up at around 7:30 tonight. (he said he was on his way at 7:15, but must have been delayed...) I was having none of it... I tossed the Kleenex box in the backseat, and held the other two items until we got to church. (then I put them in the glove compartment) He asked me whether I'd journalled about anything weird this week, and whether it was Homestar Runner-weird or Strong Sad-weird... probably somewhere between those two extremes! Then he told me that he'd laughed very hard at the hilarious menu translations: that's what I did, too! He made some gaming references and sang some I Mother Earth tunes too. Yup, I was also crazy as advertised earlier. ;)

We had a dessert night with "inner beauty makeover" in the balcony, which featured ice cream / cake / stuffed mushrooms / hot apple cider / chicken kebabs with spicy sauce / cheese and crackers. I foisted my fudge ice cream off on Teresa: she may be slightly weird, but she still deserves love like everyone else! (good thing she took it, since I didn't like it... mwahahaha!) The subject of Jonestown was brought up: I should send Karen Choo the Wikipedia links and such after she asked what exactly happened. Pastor Edward said that smart people like Stanford professors got caught up in the cult, and Eric remarked to me that stupid people had to be there too... for sure! I also let him borrow my pen to take notes: it's what I'd do for any friend of mine! :D

Kevin asked whether my moving situation was final now or what: it definitely is, and it helps to know one way or the other for sure! That way, I'm not surprised or anything else: at least I could have prepared for moving if I had to. (which I don't... I should also pay my Shaw bill as soon as I get more money, since this is yet another bill I got after the due date) Lesley said she'd appreciate them since her friends in China would love them. She's been to China at least twice, and the translations are apparently very weird, haha. She asked what "veracity" meant later on: dude, you should KNOW since you're an English teacher! Then she mentioned that she'd love any good videos that I might find since she'd use those in her lesson plans for her students, who'd appreciate those: um, if I find any! Randal / Connie / Jenny said they loved them, and Frances said that it might be even funnier if she could understand the Chinese characters! (for sure!) Speaking of things I should send people, I should also link Eric to that "gymnastic pooping" icon since we were talking about production and such earlier. Hahaha!

A bunch of us were admiring baby Benjamin: he sleeps pretty well with all these people talking, and music being played around him! Then Phil showed us a parody of Sir Mix-A-Lot's Baby Got Back from a preacher who goes by the name of Southpaw for his music videos: it's called Baby Got Book (the Bible), and is pretty hilarious! (apparently we should Google "yellow fever" for more, haha) Eric went downstairs for a bit later, and informed me that my sister had gone already; since I had to go downstairs for my own reasons afterwards, I peeked into the basement to find all the other group gone already at 10:30! On the way home, he made references to Batman and meatloaf. He also asked me what I thought about our hockey trade deadline acquisitions: I hadn't read the sports section, but I will now: defensemen Eric Weinrich / Keith Carney / Sean Brown, goalie Mika Noronen (who clouds Dan Cloutier's future) are in Vancouver. They gave up Steve McCarthy, Tomas Mojzis, minor leaguer Brett Skinner, and a bunch of draft picks. At least this will shore up our defensive blueline corps... goodness knows we need help there with injuries and such!

When I got home, I called Sam to see if he could pick me up tomorrow: all systems are a go for that, so that's another thing taken care of! Then I bugged Corey about the David Aebischer-Jose Theodore goalie trade (Colorado-Montreal, which is reminiscent of the Patrick Roy trade years ago), even though he doesn't really care about hockey. (haha, gotta keep on your toes while talking to me!) Ah, life is good right now. :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home