Saturday, March 25, 2006

Bowling and the Old Spaghetti Factory

Went bowling at the Zone, even though I suck at it! Eddie and Eunice showed up, much to everyone's surprise! They've been busy, and I told Eddie that I did have a birthday card for him... at home! Poor Eunice had a very weird day: the hairdresser putting her down for last week instead of today, Taco Bell closed for maintenance, the movie they wanted to see being full, etc. Maybe tomorrow won't be so bad... she asked me how Nathan was, and where he was: knowing that guy, he can get pretty busy!

She also said her niece Avery is two years old now and is growing up very fast, both physically and mentally! I remember that kid: she definitely liked both me and my brother when we had dinner with their family that time! Eunice has eaten WAY too many SLB with her parents, so she won't be up for it for at least another year! (I know the feeling of eating too much for a meal, believe me!) Maybe all-you-can-eat sushi or something... ;)

I got frustrated easily and pretty much refused to bowl after half a game, even though Billy and Karen encouraged me / cheered me on... I just could not do it, so Eddie bowled for me instead. (at least I tried, heh) WAY too many gutterballs... Stella, Eunice, and I agreed that we could use those gutter rails that the bowling alley puts up for little kids so that it's impossible to get one! Stella brought baby Benjamin, who slept through pretty much everything: the talking, the noise, the music... it's all white noise, and we could see where the expression "sleep like a baby" comes from! (according to Stella, he slept too much during the day already, so it'll be a rough night!)

I enjoyed the company at bowling: Eric was wearing the Roots sweatshirt that the Richmond Crew got him for his birthday a few years ago. It was good times when we gave it to him, especially because he liked pretending that Roots was a swear word! (his alter ego is / was an Australian named Stanley who thought Roots sounded obscene, so it provided laughs whenever we drove by the big Roots warehouse!) He asked me if I'd had any turkeys (strikes) yet... I didn't think so, no. I talked to Erin about work, and Ivan asked about me... I'm surprised, haha. It was way cool when the alley turned on COSMIC BOWLING: Benjamin's sleeper and Erin's jacket were especially good showcases of that effect, being pretty much all white!

Afterwards, a few people went to watch some movie: Eric asked if I wanted to go, but I elected to go eat at the Old Spaghetti Factory with everyone else instead since I was kinda hungry. (besides, I didn't know what the movie was about) Karen tried getting the guys to say that they loved each other: that was definitely a no-go! (Terry wouldn't say that to Chung, Rich wouldn't say that to Dylan, etc.) Connie said that at least for once something was in Richmond: this was very true! (there was the time after Fellowship that Jon didn't want to eat sushi with everyone since he wasn't hungry, but we went since it was in Richmond and we wanted to see everyone: he ended up eating the equivalent of a whole meal anyhow!)

We talked about whether the girls expressed love verbally to our female relatives and friends: it depends on age and comfort level. Dylan likes his own personal bubble, so the discussion turned to that. There's no way that you'd see two guys holding hands and walking down the street, or else some would be all squicked out by it! Eric called Chung's cell to see if I had a ride home: Karen kindly agreed to drive me home, so he wouldn't have to worry! (he's a good guy, that one) You see two girls holding hands and kissing on the cheek more often than you'd see the guy equivalent (even if they aren't Chinese!), though Lesley had culture shock when she went to Montreal and was kissed and hugged a lot by women! Good times, heh... when I mentioned that Jon had told me to see SYRIANA with him in December, Dylan's reaction was: "Wow, he's turning into a left-winger Marxist type! Living in Toronto will do that to you!" (maybe...)

Connie, Chung, Randal, Dylan, and I were way less animated than the people on the other side of the table because we were tired. Maybe if we were ten years younger, we'd be up for seeing the movie too... but we go to bed way late as it is sometimes! Jenny called Connie to see what she was doing: she'd been sleeping from this morning till 10 PM, but we'd do that too if we had to work 24 hours straight (in the medical field) and also weren't feeling well! Rich says he goes to bed at 1, and wakes up at 6:30 or so... apparently, he's been doing this for years. We wouldn't be able to do that: I know I need a lot more sleep than that! Karen asked us how often we shower during the day: once a day, at most... maybe twice if it's the hot summer or we're in China / Hong Kong during humid summertimes! She says she showers three times a day: before going out, after working out, and before bed. (she used to shower four times a day) Waste of water, as Chung was saying... ah well.

Tonight was all right, on the whole: Karen and I discussed various Fellowship food ideas and such on the way home, heh. I wish I could cook and send her online recipes, kinda. At least I got a ride from Sam five minutes before I left tonight, so I don't have to worry about calling him whenever I got home! (which turned out to be about midnight, actually)


type anything your heart desires.
on a scale of 1-100, you are this smart:57
on a scale of 1-100, you are this athletic:22
on a scale of 1-100, you are this weird:86
on a scale of 1-100, you are this independent:32
on a scale of 1-100, you are this gay:23
on a scale of 1-100, you are this dramatic:54
on a scale of 1-100, you are this nerdy:20
on a scale of 1-100, you are this creative:79
This Fun Quiz created by Uriah at BlogQuiz.Net
Leo Horoscope at DailyHoroscopes.Biz

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home