Thursday, March 23, 2006

Cards Received, 2005

Last cards post for some time... I bet you're all happy now, hehe. :P


Cards Received, 2005

Special 2005

thank-you card from Dave where he thanks me for the Onion book, and looks forward to coming home in the summer


Chinese New Year 2005

card from KQ (sjenkins) where she hopes that Stephen gets his act together and muses about long-distance relationships in general... she also included a note for my mom in case she got paranoid, haha


Birthday 2005

Vivian and Karen: "Dear Leslie, Hope you have a fabulous birthday!!! :) Do enjoy yourself! :) Love, Vivian and Karen."

card from Dave where he wishes me a Happy Birthday and promises me bubble tea when he gets back in December

card from parents

card from Uncle Y.C., Auntie Catherine, Chung Yan, and Chung Ming

Erin: "Hey Leslie, I hope you have an awesome 29th birthday filled with lots of smiles and friends! Don't worry, you're not old - YET. Hehe. Sorry I couldn't be here to celebrate with you. I say you come over to your parents' one day, and we play cards in Steph's room and lock her out! JUST KIDDING!! I can't believe we used to do that. Here's to fun times! :) Happy Birthday! Love always, Erin."

Sheena: "Hey Leslie! Congratulations! You're 29!!! Hope you have an amazing birthday filled with fun and laughter. I enjoy all the little chats we have at church. You're such a wonderful and sweet person. Thanks for inviting me to celebrate your birthday with you. As the French like to say: Bonne Anniversaire! (I'm paying over $400 for my French course. Might as well make use of it.) Love, Sheena."

Chalaine: "LESLIE!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! The 29th year God has given to celebrate another joyous year for of (oops!) such a funny, warm-hearted, and treasured friend like you! Hope this year will be extra-extra-ording (oops! can never spell properly, haha!) ordinary! :) With a cherry on top, chocolate fudge drizzled all over, tiny marshmallows here and there, and sprinkles all over! Mmmm... that sounds good. I'm hungry. Haha! Okay, that's enough. Love always, Chalaine."

Connie Lucas: "Have a happy happy day."

Danielle and Citrus: "Happy Birthday, Leslie!! So... it's the Birthday (card) Queen's birthday!! Thank you for always remembering EVERYONE's birthday... this is definitely something that deserves applause! :) Anyways, here's to more days of siu long bao... hehe. Happy 29th Birthday!" (she drew two perfect siu long bao, and one deflated siu long bao to represent Nathan's! :P)

Nathan: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LESLIE! I hope you enjoy your craaaazy gifts! Remember, chickens are from hens and roosters. May God bless ya like a perfectly wrapped siu long bao! Meow! Meow! Meow! Grrr! Woof! Enjoy your free stuff and your wondrous day! Always, Nathan." (he drew a camel with two people on it: "Leslie... Leslie's Mystery Man!")

Randal: "Leslie, I'm not sure I get this card, but I liked the picture on the front. I just want to wish you a happy birthday and that God will bless you with happiness, love, and friendship for this lifetime. You have been a great friend, and I want to thank you for lending me these books. I like the one on the Zen priest and I'll try to make more time to read it. Thanks also for the Alaska postcard and for remembering my birthday. God has already blessed you by giving you a lot of great qualities and a really caring heart. Please let me know what other books you are reading. I always like to talk about books. Hey.... maybe you can write your own book someday! Thanks for being a friend. God bless! Love, Randal." (our names were in beautiful stencilled purple felt, haha)

Karen Choo: "Dear Leslie, Wish I could celebrate with you this year. Will be thinking of you on your birthday, and thanking God for your friendship. Sisters in Christ always!" (the card has Psalm 139:14 on it)

Mel and Frances: "Dear Leslie, Happy Birthday to a real star. Love always, Mel and Frances. P.S. Thanks so much for your help during Toddler's S.S. It has been a pleasure working with you." (the card has Psalm 128:5 on it)

Eric H. (lddude): "Hey Leslie! You know it has been my PLEASURE to get to know you these past few years... I hope we can continue to build our friendship into a LONG-LASTING one!! By the way... thanks for all your friendship through my difficult time dealing with my girl, and I extend my hand of friendship to you as well. So DON'T be afraid to use or call for my help, la. Wink wink. Your pal, Eric H."

Non Illegitimi Carborundum Est: Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down!

Darren (dfrancis): "Happy B-Day, Baby! Sorry about being late and all... good thing you are patient and understanding, huh? Anywho, I hope that you had a good day, and that being super-old is not getting you down. Love, Darren."

Charlotte (charshark): "Leslie! Happy (late) birthday! I hope it was wonderful, and that you had tons of fun. (but not TOO much fun, if you know what I mean! :P) Eat some delicious ice cream for me, okay? Haha. Yay for Ben and Jerry's! Heh, I know this is a weird card, but eh! Happy Autumn! Always, Charlotte."

Julie, Brian, and Denise: "Another year already! Hope you have a GREAT birthday! :)"

Candy: "Hope you had an awesome day! Hugs, Candy."


Special 2005

Christon: "Thank you for the beautiful card and gift. Don't worry.. I was able to read it clearly. Thanks again for coming out for the baptism."

Sophia and John: "Dear Leslie, Thanks so much for attending our shower. We hope you had lots of fun! :) Thanks as well for the very practical necessities for Olivia. Now we will definitely bathe her and keep her baby fresh! With love and gratefulness, Sophia and John."

Danny, Helen, and Nicholas: "Thanks for all the goodies for the baby and also for me. We're very blessed to have such a thoughtful friend like you!" (they included a photo of baby Nicholas)

Lauren and Warren: "Hi Leslie! Thank you so much for the bag of baby goodies! We'll put them to good use with Matthew. Thank you for your thoughtfulness, Leslie! With love, Lauren and Warren." (they included a photo of baby Matthew)

David, Rosenda, and Ian: "Dear Leslie: Thank you so much, Leslie, for celebrating Ian's first month banquet with us. We really appreciate your coming and we thank you for the lovely baby gift. Thank you for keeping us in your prayers. God bless you!"


Christmas 2005

Julie (julie709): "Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!" (the card has Genesis 21:6 on it)

Jasmine (surrey_sucks): "Surprise! Hope you like the stickers! It's a little early for a Christmas card, but hey, I had these from last year! (these gel pens suck!)"

Amy S. (amy_star_): "I hope your holidays are great! Have a very Merry Christmas and may your New Year bring you even better things!"

card from Kim (kimmers_81)

Sara W. (sparkle_bint): "Hi Leslie, hope you like these little gifts. The two postcards show where I live. :) It's one of the oldest towns in England! You'd like the sheep rubber / eraser... I think it represents the Derbyshire Dales... moorland near where I live. :) I thought it was cute! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! :) Lots of love, Sara."

Kelli (neonrose5): "Hi Leslie. My first non-SK Canadian.. yay! (the others are all in Saskatoon - go figure, eh?) Anyway... best wishes to you and yours this holiday season. Your fellow Canuck, Kelli."

Melissa (misssims82): "Leslie, I got your card and postcard yesterday... it's GORGEOUS! Merry Christmas to you and yours!"

Soleta: "Leslie, have a wonderful holiday and an even better New Year!! I hope all of your holiday wishes come true. :)"

card from Cecelia (cecelia_)

Brynn (irishvampire13): "Hi! Sorry it took so long to get back to you - it was hard to find a good postcard! Hehe! Happy Holidays!"

Amber (randomlancila): "Leslie! Ah, another year at holiday_wishes! Isn't it great? I'm sure I'll keep bumping into you all over LJ in 2006 just like I did this year! Hope you have a fantastic holiday season. Here's to getting everything you wish for! Love and gingerbread men, Amber."

card from Stephanie (pandorabox82)

Shannon S. (tearfulgoodbyes): "Leslie: You've been a great journal friend, and I've truly enjoyed getting to know you through your journal! I hope you and everyone you love have a very Merry Christmas, and a safe and happy New Year! Your friend, Shannon."

April (angeldrummer7): "Merry Christmas."

Katya (katzk): "Happy New Year and a Merry Christmas too. Have a brilliant year of 2006!"

Courtney (bjornskjold): "Leslie, have a great holiday and lots of fun! It's been cool getting to know you!"

card from Candy

Vania: "Hey Les! Haven't seen much of you this year, but you're definitely a steady part of church life... I love that! You're like family. Distant, but still family, haha. Anyway, I hope you have a GREAT Christmas! I'm so glad there's no snow, but that's just me. :) God bless!"

Ana (glamourcorpse): "Peace, Love, and Joy to you and yours!"

photo of guinea pigs (Adrian, Wedge, Mona, and Lisa) from Kira (kazulanth)

Christine (occipitaldruid): "Leslie - have a wonderful holiday! Best wishes for the coming year to you!" (same card as last year, heh)

Maryann: "Hi Leslie. Hope you have a warm and blessed Christmas."

Amy Y. (exclamation_pnt): "I forget where I got this bumper sticker, but it's a tad useless to me because I don't have a car, and I'm not religious. Hope you can put it to some good use! Like as a substitute for duct tape when we have to bind Chris up and torture him! :) Whee! Yo dawg. Ha. Notice anything about this card? I can't write today... ARGH! A snowman for a snowman makes the whole world... snowy? Yeah. Okay. That made no sense. Happy chilly holidays! Amy."

Sheryl (sheryll): "Hi Leslie, sorry to be so late returning a card to you! I loved your postcard... Vancouver is one Canadian city I've never visited. Here's a couple of my favorite spots in San Antonio! Have a marvelous holiday! Sheryl."

Stasia (stasia): "No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or if thine own were. Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee. - John Donne. Happy Happy Holidays!"

card from Pat Bisceglia (intended for previous tenant, but I kept it since it looks so nice, heh)

Caitlyn (anas_dance): "Happy Holidays, Leslie. :)"

Brian, Julie, and Denise: "Have a safe and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!"

Auntie Esther (Chris T.'s mom): "Dear Leslie, Have a blessed Christmas! Auntie Esther." (the card has Psalm 72:19 on it)

Flora and Clara: "Dear Leslie, Merry Christmas! Thank you for all your love, care, and support to Clara and our family over the past year!"

Charlotte (charshark): "Merry Christmas! I hope you have a good Christmas! :) I included some postcards, and I hope you enjoy them a lot. Have a lovely New Year!" (the card has Matthew 5:8 on it)

Rachel B. (cynicalsiren): "It's been fun getting to know you this year, and I wish you a very happy New Year!"

Nyssa (giggles_19): "Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to you and yours."

Darren (dfrancis): "Leslie! Wow, so how long have we known each other? A long long long time, and perhaps for a long long long long time more. And I hope we do. Luv, Darren."

John (snooooopy): "Hey Leslie, I will be pulling for the Vancouver Canucks in your honor. John."

Carmina (on_the_ground): "Hey Leslie! I'm very glad to wish you and yours a great time this holiday, with all the people that you care about. I hope it will be a really special time. My best wishes, and take care! Merry Christmas! Hope you'll like the stickers! I hope this arrives this time! Hope you like the random things..."

Daphne (sinjah): "Dear Leslie, MERRY CHRISTMAS! I found your address from holiday_wishes on LJ. I'm sinjah there... you might remember me, the gal from Greece! Sooo... I'm sending you, besides this card (notice the cool brown recycled paper!), a postcard from Athens. You can see the Parthenon, and a nice small part of the city. It looks better at night, though. This photo is taken from Lycabetus, a hill, where I sit sometimes alone to think. The view is better when you're actually sitting there, but the colors in this postcard are amazing I'm also sending you some great Greek recipes (if I do say so myself). You asked for something that represents my country, so here is it! It's not anything really big, but I love these foods! Make sure you make the Melomakarona.. they are traditional Christmas sweets, and I assure you they are delicious! Finally, you asked for something random and soups or beauty items, so here they are! Happy holidays, and keep spreading the joy, haha! Love, Daphne."

Farrah (lilaznffairy421): "Hi! :) This is supposed to smell like jasmine. I kept losing fragments of what I was going to send you, so I guess I'll have to do this in fragments. :| I'm so disgustingly unorganized... or rather, people keep moving the stuff in my room. :| Sigh... Happy holidays! :)"

Sarah G. (Tonks): "Sorry for the lateness of this card. I wish you the best of everything: health, wealth, love, and everything your heart desires. Take care of yourself, and see you on OP. Love, Sarah."

Total: 62

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home