Sunday, March 19, 2006

Note to Mom: Hugging is NOT the same thing as making out! Ew!

I was so out of it that I forgot to include this last tidbit in my last entry. Luckily, I feel much better after taking a 2.5-hour nap. I did dream during the nap: Jocelyn being really cranky when I asked her for her phone number after talking to Clement, going around church and the bridges with my mom and grandma, and one of the little kids telling me that Ethan and Seren had yet another little sister whose name is Jennifer. Her name is MEGAN, not Jennifer! (and I don't think Jocelyn would get all cranky if I asked her for her phone number anyhow!)

The tidbit: My mom, grandma, sister, and I went to a Chinese supermarket to kill time after our Pho lunch since my dad was in a meeting. We ended up leaving after five minutes because the stuff wasn't that great and it was too expensive there, and Dad ended earlier than we thought. On the short ride to church, my mom decided to showcase her AMAZING knowledge of English to us as follows: "We can hug and make out, right?" She somehow got it into her head that the two were similar...

My sister and I were horrified, needless to say! We tried explaining to her what making out really was, and why it was definitely NOT the same thing as hugging! Mom even tried saying that "making out" was just our term for "wet kissing," and all made up. We told her to do a search on the etymology of the term when they got home... we didn't make it up! When we picked Dad up from church, we had to tell him of this latest linguistic gaffe. He wasn't impressed at all, either. Then I brought up the numerous times Mom has referred to me as her "lover"... she tried denying it, but Steph knew better. Like she said, that's illegal! (and I wouldn't want to participate in incest anyhow!)

Makes me wonder what a certain person would think of it, but whatever. Through his actions or lack thereof, he chose to remove himself from my life... so he won't know about this!



Leslie --

[noun]:

A skimpy piece of lingerie



'How will you be defined in the sexual dictionary?' at QuizUniverse.com

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home