Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The computer now has sound again! Yay for listening to the TV, DVD, and radio all at once! / Quizzes

Autosave has rescued me yet again, since Firefox decided to crash. :P

After a few hours of computer silence, the sound now works on my computer again! I told Corey about it when I saw him online, and we went through the usual steps: making sure the speakers weren't off / unplugged / plugged into the wrong audio jacks, looking at my Control Panel to make sure the volume levels were at normal levels and not on mute, and other stuff involving routers and modems. Then I decided to take both his and Jamie's suggestions to call the cable company and complain in a more polite way than what Corey advised me, at least. (and no, I'm not posting that here!)

I got through again within two rings (Shaw must be easier to get ahold of than Comcast :P), and explained my problem to a customer service representative who turfed me to the Internet desk. The person who answered the phone there thought it was a computer issue and not an Internet issue: well, I might be inclined to agree with you if it hadn't happened while your technicians were here this morning! *grumble*

Then he went through all the steps that I'd done before (even multiple times), while insinuating that my speakers could have broken or something in the time from when the tech arrived to midway through his visit, which is when the sound got turned off. I don't THINK so, buddy! Then he told me to download driver upgrades and such through websites and a hardware wizard... fine, I'll try that particularly since I'm not sure these have ever been updated. (meanwhile, I was giving Corey a play-by-play on MSN... it's so AMAZING that I can do that now!) Downloads go faster now, since I'm now able to download a 9.9 MB file in a matter of minutes! Upon a mandatory restart of the computer, there was no sound until I manually pushed the speakers off and on again. Weird, but whatever works! :D (at least now I don't have to bug Eric M. about it later, haha)

Now I'm talking to Corey about his message board and various issues. :P




My pirate name is:


Black Bess Flint



Like anyone confronted with the harshness of robbery on the high seas, you can be pessimistic at times. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!

Get your own pirate name from fidius.org.



Bretodeau
Bredoteau? Non, Bretodeau. You are the Box Man, Dominique Bretodeau! Chances are, you are lonely, old family man who hasn't had contact with his family in a long time. And you may have been apart from your childhood for so long that it only fits into a rusty box. Seeing your childhood will surely invigorate you to see your child again and your grandchild. Plus, you love eating a whole chicken.


Amelie: a Definitive Character Quiz
brought to you by Quizilla

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home