Sunday, February 26, 2006

The church roller hockey league is NOT a dating service! / Cable Internet

I ordered a full cable TV package with Shaw a couple days ago, and then was on their website this morning before church to at least look at their prices for high speed internet: if it wasn't a relative bargain to what I'm paying now for 56K, then I wasn't going to buy. When I looked, I saw that I'd basically be paying about $10 more a month with their full cable TV / high speed internet "bundle." That was reassuring, but I still decided to take the day at church to think about it. (not the type of stuff you should be thinking about at church perhaps, but at least I wouldn't be impulsive about it!) So after getting home and really thinking about it, I decided to call them and see if something could be done. It could, so I'm taking that plunge as of Tuesday afternoon. (there's some promotion on where I only pay a low amount for the first couple of months after getting a free month, and then pay the standard amount after that) This makes me wonder just how much notice Axion will need when I cancel my account with them... maybe I'll call them on Tuesday morning and ask, heh. (good thing it's the end of the month, haha) I also wonder whether Shaw can automatically debit my account for that payment each month as Axion does: probably, but I don't want to call them again so soon... darn thinking of questions after the phone call's ended! :P

Went to church early because my sister had to lead worship. She was discussing Rich with my mom: he is dedicated to church service, all right! Luckily, I could talk with these two kids who are sisters: Hannah and Priscilla are definitely pretty cute and say random things! Nathan noticed a "ONE RING" reference in the bulletin supplement, so pointed it out to me when I was finished with Quan's birthday card. (yes, I wrote it during service and gave it to her after church) I also cleared up my moving situation with Danielle: first, I was moving; then I wasn't; then I might have to again; and now I don't. (despite my initial misgivings about the cable TV not being included in the rent, I'll go with it... note: ask how much the increase is!)

After service was done, I pointed out curry chips to Eric: he'd looked at the ingredients and saw that the seasoning contained sugar, which of course he can't eat... I just looked at the list myself to confirm it (not that I don't trust Eric or anything!), and there it was right after the MSG. No wonder these curry chips are like crack, haha... it's ALL because of the cocaine MSG! :D Talked to a bunch of people (Brian / Amy / Michelle / Daniel / Citrus) outside after service: they've fixed the back parking lot, and today was an anomaly because we didn't have to move from the handicapped space for an incoming car! According to Vanessa, the Relient K concert was awesome!

After Sunday School, a bunch of us were talking outside about hockey injuries and the Olympics. There's another girl named Steph: I thought Mike was trying to play a prank on me when I asked what her name was! ("Dude, I know what my sister's name is! I'm asking about that girl who just ran that way!") Others in the group confirmed what he told me, so I'll go with that. Someone told us the joke involving tampons and tobacco rollers: it's not really funny if you tell it, but it is if you read it! My sister finally got Michelle's birthday right, but confessed that she had to ask me for the info!

The guys were giving Steph money and pictures for the roller hockey league: Citrus' picture looked really snazzy! Eric went into church to do some stuff, then went outside and gave my sister his cheque and picture. My mom was standing outside waiting for us to finish up before we went to lunch, and saw this particular transaction.

Mom: "A picture?! Is this for a dating service?!"
Christon, Steph, Eric, Danielle, Nathan, Sam, and me: *laugh a LOT and tell her that it's for a hockey league which requires a picture of all players*

Let's just say that if she'd seen Citrus' snazzy picture, she wouldn't have been so easily convinced that it was really for a roller hockey league! *laugh*

After that, we went to Green Village for lunch: we talked to J-Mak about the Olympics / hockey pools and the two-week life void the Olympics caused / life. Then we all went to the 7-11 where I tried some strawberry Crush Slurpee, and my sister bought a Coke Slurpee since she needed a sugar buzz. (I had my caffeine from the dark tea at the restaurant!) My mom wants me to spend the day with my grandma on Friday: I told her that I'd see about that, and she wasn't too impressed. Well, there's plenty of time to plan and such! (especially with Eric on Fridays and whatever else is going on...) Staying home (and meaning it) might be the best thing for my bank account right now, however!


Note: Kind of LJ Jedi KwizBiz, by neo_epyon.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home