Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Bookmarks / Questions 4501-4550 of 5000

Corey told me that he doesn't really use bookmarks: he tends to just use torn off corners of paper as bookmarks since those big ones fall out of the book easily. He says that a little piece of paper stays stuck where you left it and works better, even while you're reading the book. That's probably true, but I buy bookmarks anyhow. They're about the cost of a bubble tea or even less if you're not addicted to the beaded ones as I am. Ah well, that's okay... I just took the bookmark out of his book and put it in one of mine: it's all good like that. My feelings aren't hurt at all and I'm glad he told me that, even if I *did* send him a Mickey hand bookmark last year to go with The Vancouver Stories: West Coast Fiction from Canada's Best Writers. :D (he also tried to get me to download Adobe Acrobat Reader, but it's 27.4 MB which is big for a utility program!)

Now to try Nyquil and see if it works for getting me to sleep. It seems to work for a bunch of others... o_O


Got these questions from this QuestionClub LJ post by Arthurbulla. I'm going to post the survey in 50-question batches, like the original. No worries there! Five thousand questions and answers wouldn't fit as an entry, anyhow. :P

The only complete copy... you'll have to go around erasing answers.


4501. Who do you feel on shaky grounds with? My parents, but what else is new?

4502. How would you rate Stephen King as a writer? He's a good writer... probably a 7.

4503. What movie are you looking forward to? I have absolutely no idea. This is why I never have any clue when Eric H. wants us to see a movie. :P

4504. Hulk Hogan with or without the bandana? With.

4505. Do you more often tell people what you feel or what you think? What I feel.

4506. Have you been to see an opera? No.

4507. What do you wish that you knew with more certainty? Where / when I'll move and whether things will come together, feelings of certain people about me, etc.

4508. Does your heart break and break, and live by breaking? Sure, why not.

4509. Can you tell the difference between what you think and what you feel, or do you often get them confused? Most times I can tell the difference.

4510. Do you feel like there are a lot of references in this survey that you are not getting? Some, sure...

4511. You are shopping in the Mad Mall for things to add to your room. Of the following list, what 5 things will you buy?

Lollipops, lace-up boots, bondage gear, bubblegum machine, a miniature orange grove, house plants, Bob Geldof, duct tape, Buzzcocks, poet shirts, Marc Almond, Al Gore, acrylic paints, Snoopy's doghouse, an original Andy Warhol painting, zippers, orange and pink matching curtains and bedspread, flash, O.J. Simpson, a Slurpee maker, some flutes, electric chairs, feather pillows, post it notes, the Terminator wax statue, Fight Club the movie, Fight Club the book.

Let's see... The miniature orange grove, the original Andy Warhol painting, the Slurpee maker, Buzzcocks, and Bob Geldof.

4512. Of the following things, which would you most like to have more of?

drink, dreams, bed, drugs, lust, lies, hate, love, fear, fun, pain, flesh, stars, smiles, fame, sex

Let's see... love, fun, stars, smiles, and dreams.

4513. Your preference: David Bowie or Marc Bolan? David Bowie.

4514. Who'd win in a fight, Morrissey or Robert Smith? Original answer: "Who are they?" Aiya! My answer: Morrissey.

4515. Earth girls are: Original answer: "Girls of the earth??" HAHAHAHA, aiya. My answer: "Easy."

4516. One of your friends tells you they are going to train to become a cop. Your reaction? Go for it, dude!

4517. Would you ever consider working for the government? I'm not sure.

4518. What are the best and worst television channels? Best would be 30 and 35, and the worst would be the ones that I'd never watch!

4519. If you had a magical pencil and everything you drew became real, what would you draw? A perfect guy, my living in a huge house, certain people dead (mostly because they're too dumb to live), certain (musical) celebrities hanging with me, solutions to world injustices, etc.

4520. Your boots were made for: Original answer: "Huh?" What an idiot. My answer: "Walking."

4521. What movie would you like to see a Mystery Science Theater episode about (even if it isn't a sci-fi movie, just one that needs making fun of)? Not sure.

4522. What's the buzz? Tell me what's happening! Not much is happening over here, but Corey's being a dork... that's usual behavior, though! ;)

4523. The last person you would want to be stranded on a desert island with is: Shannon Norman, Lesley, Palmer Stevens...

4524. Your partner takes an airplane trip. The plane disappears and is never found. How long do you wait for them to return before you begin looking for a new partner? A long time... years. Because I guess you never know... but then again, I would get lonely.

4525. Some animals that mate for life can literally die of grief if their mate is captured or dies. How many humans would do that, do you think? I've heard of people dying of a broken heart (NOT in the emo way! :P), so I'm sure a lot of humans would.

4526. What would you like to touch? Original answer: "Brent." Uh, the question said "What" and not "Who." :P My answer: "The Blarney Stone, heh."

4527. Does anything you own glow in the dark? I don't think so...

4528. Would you rather ride a dragon or a unicorn? Dragon.

4529. Do things just always go right for you? No.

4530. What's the best Nick toon? Spongebob Squarepants.

4531. Can you make a balloon animal? No.

4532. Would you undress at a nude beach? No!

4533. Wherever there's a secret recipe, there is someone who wants to steal it. True or false? True.

4534. What is today but yesterday's tomorrow? Why do something today that you can put off till tomorrow? Because once you put it off, it becomes increasingly easier to put it off... then you never think about it till crunch time. Aiyoh. o_O

4535. Are you more like Spongebob who does nothing right but still everything good happens to him, or like Squidward who tries to do things right and ends up having nothing good happen to him? Probably Spongebob.

4536. How many glasses of water do you drink each day? 2 to 4... I should work on that, eh?

4537. What is the difference between intellectualism and pretentiousness? I wish I knew.

4538. What do you like in a poem: accessibility, crypticness, or something in between? Accessibility.

4539. What do you think of William Blake? Original answer: "Who?" Aiya. My answer: "He was a good poet, but I haven't read his work enough to judge more than that."

Is his writing difficult to understand? Yeah, I guess.

4540. Has learning to spell become obsolete? Judging by what I see on the Internet these days, apparently it has. This question is ironic given the HORRIFIC original spelling of many of the questions on the survey. :P

4541. Who do you find yourself in constant conflict with? Shannon, so I'm avoiding her in hopes she'll get the message that I don't want to talk to her.

Why the conflict? Because she doesn't respect my personal boundaries.

4542. What is the difference between literature and Hallmark Cards? Literature is where you can expand on how you think, and Hallmark Cards is the way-condensed version.

4543. How many contemporary poets can you name? Not that many.

4544. What subjects do you refuse to talk about? I'm not posting that here!

Why are you hiding from them? Lots of reasons.

4545. Are you every parent's wet dream? ... no.

4546. Everyone starts in the garden of Eden, but no one can stay there. Why not? Because we all screw up in the end.

4547. Would you want to join a club that would have you as a member? Haha, nice reference to that Hair Club For Men commercial. I guess I would...

4548. Greatest black and white film: Wish I knew.

4549: Greatest film three hours or longer: LOTR: Return of the King

4550. No means... No.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home