Friday, October 14, 2005

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies....

Note: When I say "you" in the last couple of paragraphs, it isn't to the reader or as a general sort of thing... it's to someone else. I just had to get this off my chest NOW! (subject line from Fleetwood Mac's Little Lies)


I can handle it if people tell me white lies or lie to me about something small and inconsequential, even though I'd prefer things to be all above-board and honest. Heck, I can even handle it if you lie to me about something and tell me yourself so I don't have to find out from someone else.. otherwise, my wrath will be tripled at the very least.

Watch out if you lie to me or my friends about something BIG, however. If / when I find out about THAT, it will take me a long time to forgive you. I know I should be loving and forgiving as a Christian and everything, but I'm also human and imperfect. "Wait!" I can hear you say, desperately looking for an out. "If you're imperfect, doesn't it mean that you lie to people as well?" That's neither here nor there.

I lie to people, as well... but not as often YOU do! Certainly not about something as huge and life-impacting as, say, YOUR VERY IDENTITY and HIV / AIDS STATUS?! I always thought that story was unbelievable... and now I find out that you caused a friend of mine to fool himself for 11 months, despite his gut instinct.

I was kinda disappointed when you cut off all contact with me, but figured it would be okay since I could get updates on you from someone else. But now that my suspicions are confirmed, I now have to assume that all you've told me / us was a lie. Lying about your identity is a pretty big thing, you know. Did you really think we'd never find out? All your protestations and such only served to heighten our feeling: as someone said to you at the time, we asked questions because we wanted to know more despite your oh-so-defensive stance. Now, I guess I can lay you to rest in my memory. Idiot! (sharing the same IP address as someone in Kentucky even though you were supposedly in North Dakota... and making someone think that when he talked to the "two" of you, he was really talking to one person through two windows... no words...)

To the other person involved here: I think that your resolve and new determinations are just what's needed. You can never be too careful, especially on the Internet. Too bad he soured that for you, but I wish you the best of luck with everything else! You know I'll listen and be there for ya. :)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home