Sunday, October 23, 2005

Louis Garden too good for Eric, awesomely wacky families, Chinese karaoke

This morning, I told Melia that I could help with the kids on Friday night: she appreciated it. Now, if only Eric doesn't go there straight from work... I guess I'll ask him about it later in the week. (if he does, there IS the backup plan of my parents, which goes for baby Ian's one-month banquet.. right now, I'm going with Nathan since I have no idea who David invited) I saw Chris with three big bags of chips, so I asked him whether he'd be cool with a big bag of guacamole Doritos... since he was, I'll give it to him next week. (the same goes with Amos' water bottle... I *did* tell him what happened to it so he wouldn't worry) I talked to some other friends of mine, as well as the teens.. some of them were going to the volunteer appreciation dinner tonight, with over 200 people.

Eric asked if I was eating lunch with my family: yup, since we weren't going to Pho or Green Village! We went to Louis Garden (Mui's) on Hastings instead... Steph and I teased him about the restaurant being too good for him, haha. After lunch and a shoe sale my mom HAD to go to, we finally went home. There, I watched a MMM show about awesomely wacky families: the Bushes, the Osbournes, Michael Jackson and company, the Gallagher brothers, Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown, the English royal family, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver, Woody Allen and Mia Farrow (he married his own stepdaughter!), and others. Very interesting stuff!

At dinner, our table had the most laughs: Joe "ditched" us to sit with others because Karen was getting sick, so people pretended not to know who he was. Steph and Vanessa also had a "fantasy / money" in-joke, heh. Justin told Vanessa that her mom always called him JustinE, which got a lot of laughs. Steph told us about the "physical interaction between guys and girls" teen Sunday School class today... classic Freudian slips, NOT demonstrating things on the hierarchy of physical touch, amusement, etc.

After we ate, we had a karaoke time. Some of the teens were revising hockey pools and trying to study, while others were trying to figure out whether there would be school tomorrow: yes, school is now officially back in session after a strike that's lasted since 6 October. Chinese karaoke can be interesting: Joey and Emily's mom did a Chinese operatic duet with Carson's dad.. Uncle Steven is the guys' new hero because he can sing falsetto and a woman's part very convincingly! Michael and Stanley were listing off things that would NOT get sung: AC/DC (Highway to Hell particularly), KISS, Devo's Whip It, GWAR (which Mike thinks is just wrong)...

Very interesting day, to be sure. :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home