Thursday, October 20, 2005

50-50 jackpots, Canucks with four wins in a row, controversial goals, Friday plans, MS Paint pictures

I had a post here, but evil keyboard gremlins erased it! Ack.

First, I got five new icons tonight:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com <--- I'm an LJ nerd and got one of these permanent account dealies a few months back... I'm sure Palmer will bug me about it, oh well. :P

Image hosted by Photobucket.com <--- Anyone who knows me really well will know that I like reading. The sentiment's oh-so-true. Got this from Sunnypad.com .. Google searched for "100x100 book icons." ;)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com <--- A quote from Desiderius Erasmus, Dutch priest, humanist and editor of the New Testament. Got it using the same method and from the same site as the last one.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com <--- Got this from an Outlander community. :D

Image hosted by Photobucket.com <--- Got this from a book icons community. ;)


Oh, I just have to highlight this icon I got some time ago:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Note: I may want to check out Blogpulse sometime.


The Canucks won 3-2 against the Phoenix Coyotes tonight, setting a new record for their best season start. (6-1-1... wins, losses, overtime / shootout losses) Matt Cooke got a controversial game-winning goal (which he thought was never in doubt), and the video goal judges looked at it for a while and even called Toronto (where all the games are monitored at the NHL head office) for help in making their final decision. The net got knocked off the ice (but was still on its pegs) when the goal was scored, but it counted under the rules. Mick Magoo (one of the refs) was calling "NO GOAL" on it, since he thought the goal was put in with a skate... Dan Russell (Sportstalk host on CKNW), John Shorthouse, and Tom Larscheid looked at the NHL rulebook later, and decided that it was a game of inches. (milliseconds later, the goal might not have been one...) Speaking of John and Tom (the radio announcers), they won the 50-50 jackpot draw of $20,000 tonight: they just couldn't believe it or breathe for a bit after they came back from a commercial break... but they still had to call the last few minutes of the game!

The three stars were Ed Jovanovski (Jovo) of the Canucks, Curtis Joseph of the Coyotes (if he hadn't played so well, it could have been 4-0 at the end of the first instead of 1-0!), and Nolan Baumgartner (the Bomber) of the Canucks. Man, Joseph could have been the first star and I'd have had no problem with that! We also played against former Canucks Geoff Sanderson and Petr Nedved. Of course, the two coaches (Marc Crawford and Wayne Gretzky) had two different viewpoints of that controversial goal, heh.

There were also a lot of power plays and penalties, partially because of the new rules: lots of action makes for an entertaining game, but sometimes the new rules and stuff frustrate everyone. (I heard a clip of Tampa Bay Lightning coach John Tortorella swearing a lot while describing a cheap shot by Atlanta Thrasher player Eric Boulton on Paul Ranger of the Lightning [the Lightning won the game 6-0]... story here) Next up for the first five games: just Minnesota and Colorado. This is the last time we'll see Phoenix until late 2006, unless they make the playoffs.. the NHL schedule-makers had them play us two times in the first four home games.

In other news around the NHL, the Pittsburgh Penguins have gotten off to their worst start in 39 years: they've lost all seven games thus far, even with Mario Lemieux and Sidney Crosbie. Todd Bertuzzi will get grilled by reporters in Colorado and Vancouver about our next few games, all right: Saturday will be the first Colorado-Vancouver game with him in the lineup since that sucker punch on Steve Moore. Tonight, a reporter asked him about the upcoming game: "Oh yeah, I think it'll be a good game." Dan Russell thinks that Bertuzzi should receive better coaching in that area ("I've dealt with it, and here are my thoughts...") as well as go through a few steps: first, he has to play Colorado (Saturday); then, he has to play IN Colorado (Oct. 27); then, he has to play a game with Steve Moore in it. (who knows when that will happen...)

But then, Bertuzzi's persona with reporters has never been the most sunny.... then again, people won't forget about it. There was some idiot woman calling into Sportstalk (the radio call-in show) blaming Steve Moore for the whole incident, and trying to compare it to her nephew's work-related injury. She thought people should try to move on since it was all Moore's fault... uh, Moore's MOTHER listens to the show! Luckily, people knew she was an idiot... a frustrated Dan Russell tried telling her that she sounded irrational (to say the least), but she didn't get the point. Aiya.


During the second intermission, I called Eric to see whether he was going to Fellowship or not. Since he'll be at a 54-40 concert tomorrow night, I'll see him on Sunday. So then I called my sister to tell her that I might not go: she remembered that Jessica could be her Richmond ride home since she buses from work for now. Then she suggested I call Jessica after her tutoring for a ride tomorrow, since I'm on her way: when I called Jessica, she said that she could give me a ride... I'll have to call her again tomorrow to confirm, which is fine with me. (my sister thinks that I could take the bus if Jessica can't give me a ride, but I'm too lazy.. haha)


Here are some more MS Paint pictures...


The one I made for Kyle based on his interest of "anti-Hot Topic" (yes, I knew he meant that he's against the store.. but decided to go for the laughs angle):

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The one I made for Jasmine based on her interest of "Apples to Apples" (yes, I knew she meant the game.. but decided to go for the laughs angle):

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The one I made for Palmer based on his interest of "questions":




The one I made for Shannon based on her interest of "sunny days":

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The one I made for Amy based on her interest of "one-sided conversations" (she meant "listening to someone talk on the phone, and not being able to hear the receiver," which was a spin on my original interpretation of hearing a conversation through the wall, but this was better... the only reason I know her mom too well is because I also have an Asian mother):

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The one I made for Charlotte based on her interest of "Toothpaste For Dinner" (yes, I knew she meant the comic.. but decided to go for the laughs angle):

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The one I made for Jared based on his interest of "alcohol" (he says he loves Sapporo Black Label, so that's pretty good for being a random pick, haha):

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The one I made for Courtney based on her interest of "Guided by Voices" (yes, I knew she meant the band.. but decided to go for the laughs angle):

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The one I made for Jeremy based on his interest of "swimming":

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The one I made for WeatherGuy based on his interest of "being a beer snob":

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The one I made for Haley based on her interest of "anti-vegan":

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The one Shannon made for me based on my interest of "photos" (the spacing's off since I had to erase an errant apostrophe from the word PHOTOS... I *hate* that error!):

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The one Kyle made for me based on my interest of "remembering people's birthdays" (it's crap quality, but he cares... so it's all good!):

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The one Charlotte made for me based on my interest of "bubble tea":

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home