Saturday, October 22, 2005

"If you groomsmen don't wear black socks, I'll make you wear pantyhose at the wedding!" / Element I'll reign over

On the way to church, Steph and I discussed our mom's ultra-sensitivity to certain issues... yup, we should definitely be more careful what we say and how we say it! There was also this caller to the country radio station who wanted to know why there were lineups outside the Commodore when a certain artist wasn't playing till next week: that would be the 54-40 concert, and you should either call the right station or be more up-to-date on who's playing when and where! :P

All the fellowship groups got together to watch a video about a Tibetan man whose life was cursed because the spirits were angry at him (his baby sister and mom died from coughing up blood)... it was quirky because it had German subtitles and the A/V people couldn't switch it to English. That was preparation for next week's missions conference, which reminds me: I need to tell Melia (who's in Vegas right now for her cousin's wedding) that I'd be up for watching kids next Friday night if they need me. Since our group (me, Karen Choo, Ivan, Randal, Andy, and Kevin) was between studies and our new books hadn't arrived yet, we went out to eat at the Congee Noodle House. Erin and Stella joined us, and we had a good time there! We talked about people who used to go to our church (Florence [Karen's old friend and Erin's supervisor], Angela Quock, Sam Lau), unions, the strike, parking on Broadway, pharmacy, Jehovah's Witnesses (of course I brought up Sean's memorable quote: "How much faith does it take to believe in a fake religion?") , congee, yin-yang, our weeks, health inspections and complaints, reading, vacation, and other things.

After that, Randal dropped a few of us back at church... I went downstairs and talked to Jason and Angus for a bit. Then I talked to Karen Lew, Janette, Margaret, Daniel, Michelle, Sheena, Chalaine, and Steph when their groups were done with Bible Study. Janette and Chalaine were trying to come up with words that fit the "I before E except after C or as in WEIGH and NEIGH" rule.. I came up with "receive" and corrected Janette's misconception of "WAY?!" Brainfarts happen... I had to think for a while on that one, heh. That kinda reminds me, I need to get birthday cards for the Lau siblings in the future... Jason's is Dec. 14, and Janette's is Jan. 26. Margaret kinda complained about going around Metrotown for six hours with a group of guys to buy practicum clothing... Daniel brought up how none of the groomsmen at Dora's wedding had black socks, so Michelle threatened them: black socks, or pantyhose! (Daniel even had to give money to Brian Chan for some, heh)

I used Steph's phone to call Sam about rides for tomorrow: he can take me back and forth, so I can stay up late tonight! Supposedly, I'm hanging out with Chinese Eric tomorrow night for dinner and a movie... we'll see what time I get home since I know Sam and I will pick up Auntie Cissy from work too! Michelle, Daniel, Joe, Steph, and I went to Earls for a meal.. lots of eating out, heh. We talked about Fellowship / church vision, being yourself, #2, TMI, respect, my dad, getting lost while driving, the salty dry ribs, mango Sprite coolers, lack of originality when ordering, Citrus, Danielle, Nathan, Mandy, excitement, fantasies, prompts, Chris' phone number, and music. Definitely good times! :D


Here's an MS Paint picture that Palmer drew for me based on my interest of "bizarre happenings":

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Moon Goddess
Goddess of the Moon. Beauty, yet a sadness lurks
about you at times. But hey, pain is beauty,
right?


What element would you reign over? (For Girls)
brought to you by Quizilla

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home