Monday, October 03, 2005

Hockey hangout

Eunice just emailed me, Danielle, Erin, Eddie, Steph, Jen, Nathan, Eric, Citrus, and Phil: "Hey guys, what are you doing this Saturday? Hockey game? Starts at 7 PM. Wanna get together to watch it? I have a day off and was thinking of some beer, snacks, and good hockey at say, Erin's? Have your parents left yet? Get back to me. Eunice."

Erin's replied to say that her parents ARE out of town then, but she doesn't have cable. Danielle's replied to say: "HOCKEY?! C'est disgusting!" (haha) So I replied to say that we could have it at my place, depending on what time I get home from Awana (which ends at 6-ish) and depending on the definition of "cable." (I have up to Channel 44, so we're out of luck if it's on Channel 52!) Nathan says that we can come to his house: he's 90% sure it's okay, but he'll check first. Eric thinks Danielle will be deprived (and offered a correction on her French), and tells her to look at some hot guy that Steph drafted in their hockey pool. He also thinks my TV is a bit small... could be, but at least it's the thought that counts. His family will be watching the game, but he doesn't think we want to be guzzling six-packs with them there. Steph has to see what Timothy Fellowship is up to first... and asks if the game isn't just on Channel 3, which Eric confirmed because the CBC just finally ended its labor dispute. I guess we'll see... but if it's at Nathan's, I don't think I can go!

Danielle said: "Sick... I think I'm going to throw up." But she loves how Erin realized that she'd probably be too disgusted to continue reading all the emails about hockey and would just start deleting, so she put her name in the subject line. As tempting as Erin's suggestion of using two of Nathan's four TVs (one for hockey, one for THE WEDDING DATE) sounds, she can't come anyhow because her cousin's birthday is in Richmond. Just as well... that sounds like an awful chick flick movie. :P (to quote Erin: "Guys! Too many emails again! I remember Nathan saying that he has two 19-inch TVs which aren't his biceps... one of these will do just fine! ;)") Eric sent us a picture of the hot guy, because he thought the pic didn't show up in the email. Yeah, it did... but at least I can save the photo, and then do a search on the photo title to find that it's Mike Ribero of the Montreal Canadiens.


Too bad I never got the chance to meet Henrik... the one time we could have! Sigh... I hope he has a good trip, anyhow! :(

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home